Vent, Amazon lockers deliveries.

So yesterday morning I placed an order and paid for delivery to a locker hoping to get it next day as advertised. But the lockers close at 9PM and all they say is that the delivery to the locker will be before 9PM.
So if they deliver at 8.59 how do I get there before 9.00 to pick it up?
Been waiting all day and their tracking just says it is on its way!

Comments

• So if they deliver at 8.59 how do I get there before 9.00 to pick it up?

Go there at 8:55 and stay until it closes?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Wait by the locker from 20:30 until 21:00.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    In America, many of the Amazon Lockers are outside.

In the UK, InPost have some of their lockers outside. There is one by a Gulf petrol station 2 miles from me

Do chat to the Amazon staff on the chat service and you may get the delivery charge credited onto your account.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So did you get it then?
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    So yesterday morning I placed an order and paid for delivery to a locker hoping to get it next day as advertised. But the lockers close at 9PM and all they say is that the delivery to the locker will be before 9PM.

I take it this as others are thinking is a vent of something that hasn't even happened yet? If so then how can you actually vent about it!

Is this a serious question? If so I can really see why some companies ban certain customers.
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Didn't Amazon send you an email to say its arrived in locker along with access code. I used the locker on Wednesday first time for me and it was painless and so easy to use, used one inside Morrisons. You do indeed get a email to say parcel may be delivered until 9pm as I did it, I never had an item delivered at that time usually no later than 6pm and usually well before then
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!

Did you wait at the locker all day or did you go to the locker just before closing and pick up your parcel

please update wether you got it or not
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 August 2017 at 12:57PM
    I've never found an Amazon delivery to arrive just before the cut-off point they always arrive hours before then eg, an all day delivery will probably arrive before or at lunch-time. IME one of the more painless delivery experiences both at home and to Amazon lockers
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    In America, many of the Amazon Lockers are outside.

In the UK, InPost have some of their lockers outside. There is one by a Gulf petrol station 2 miles from me

Do chat to the Amazon staff on the chat service and you may get the delivery charge credited onto your account.

At the time of posting, Amazon still had five hours left to deliver. Why would he get a refund?

The point of using a locker is that you don't have to wait all day. Get on as normal and they'll let you know when your parcel is available.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry, been awayfor a week which is why I needed the item. Got a text at 19:54 so managed to get to the locker in Morrisons before going away early next day.
    Just always seems that if something is urgent it arrives at the end of the day!
    The tracking was useless, just shows out for delivery all the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure