PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    VJsmum, I can tell you why you are so angry. All the things you describe are pretty petty compared with what you are dealing with. Also, you need every bit of time and energy you can summon up, to deal with your own thoughts and your own responsibilities. All these other things are are interrupting your thoughts and sapping what little energy you have left. I think that at any other time you would be irritated and impatient, but with all your emotions so close to the surface you just want to explode.

Don't beat yourself up. Take up Floss's excellent suggestion and let everybody know that if they are looking for service as usual they are doomed to disappointment. Tell them that you need time and space to recover.

It will happen. You do whatever you need to do, the earth will keep on turning.

Thank you - that's it exactly. I was in front of a woman in the supermarket queue and heard her say "oooh i am getting really excited now" and just thought "for goodness sake" (did you know that goodness begins with an F :o) "have a word with yourself" but she is ALLOWED to be excited, so i felt like a not very nice person.

It has also just occurred to me that today is the anniversary of my mum's funeral, 8 years ago...

Hey, ho. As you say, the world will still turn and things will get better. In the meantime I will pull up my big girl's pants and do as my mother constantly (still - in my head) bids me and 'get on with it'.

Tea first - tea is the answer to quite a lot of things, I find.

I was a silly sheep in my school nativity - not any old sheep, mind, it had to be a silly one. There was a thing on twitter the other day saying what you were in your school nativity set the pattern for your life....

Baaaaaa
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    DD2 was a sheep. She had long blonde curls at the time. No-one could accuse the teacher of stereotyping.

Then again it could have been down to the fact that she was not always angelic
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Oh well it would have been fine back then :cool:

A teacher threw a book at me during the 70's...:rotfl:

One of our language teachers was an excellent shot with a board duster - blackboard to back row with deadly & painful accuracy (only once at me though :p)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all , sorry I've been missing in action , just speed reading the last 10 pages :eek: ... lots going on ... Hugs to all, I think we could all do with one
    I'm just trying to keep things together , without loosing it ... divorce petition issued , 3mw away again lol ... may ?? See kids on Christmas day who cares anymore ... Christmas is cancelled , no tree up , life in the way , and I don't care ... bought a few bits , not what the kids normaly get but this year it's not normal and they are fine about it , stuffs not inportant ...
    other news dil baby is due today , as yet nothing ..... so get ready to push :D, ...Right better get a wiggle on , football and mums taxi duties
    xxx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    One of our language teachers was an excellent shot with a board duster - blackboard to back row with deadly & painful accuracy (only once at me though :p)

Oh yes I think throwing a board duster accurately was an integral part of Teacher Training back then...I got that a few times too...

The book thrown at me was unfortunately a hard back :eek:

I have no idea why though as I was an :A at school :cool:

;)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    burtha wrote: »
    Hi all , sorry I've been missing in action , just speed reading the last 10 pages :eek: ... lots going on ... Hugs to all, I think we could all do with one
    I'm just trying to keep things together , without loosing it ... divorce petition issued , 3mw away again lol ... may ?? See kids on Christmas day who cares anymore ... Christmas is cancelled , no tree up , life in the way , and I don't care ... bought a few bits , not what the kids normaly get but this year it's not normal and they are fine about it , stuffs not inportant ...
    other news dil baby is due today , as yet nothing ..... so get ready to push :D, ...Right better get a wiggle on , football and mums taxi duties
    xxx

Burtha really good to see you post :)

Keep moving forward and take good care of yourself xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • carlislelass
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

That was my maths teacher in senior school
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ho hum...I threw chalk at a girl in a maths class I was teaching...I am not a good shot -it hit another two rows behind. The child next to her said, "I told you Miss has eyes in the back of her head!" I did not discover what that one had been up to but they were a well behaved class afterwards....this was many years ago.

I was a Christmas tree in our infant school nativity. The cut out tree was bigger than I was....I had a very bad squint, a stutter and was so thin that the Head decided I should not been seen having promised everyone would take part.....

Lots and lots of hugs to Burtha and VJsmum.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    One year I was supposed to be the narrator in our Nativity but somehow ended up as Gabriel. I think the child who was meant to be Gabriel fell ill and the teacher must have decided I was the only one who'd be able to learn the "Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy..." speech at short notice. Hence a chubby Gabriel wearing NHS glasses.

HUGS VJsmum. I felt like that in M & S today. I just managed not to yell "For 'goodness' sake just get out of the way!!!"

burtha Oh, lovey. 3mw is beyond belief :mad:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VJsmum the anger is most often at yourself because of everything you ever did wrong even when your were too young to know. The anger moves around.

flosses suggestion is brilliant it is probably just what you need. It would be a good idea it ignore Christmas and let them get on with it they are all old enough to cook Christmas dinner. I would come out and enjoy the meal cooked for you and then go back.

If anyone changed a toilet seat in my house at 5 am they would be wearing it, especially shortly after someone came in very drunk and no doubt very noisily.

I was thinking it was unfair to expect you to come home and do Christmas especially all the work involved. Have a big hug from me too.

Monna there was nothing wrong with the rap on the knuckles the totally disruptive child got either. I feel sorry for teachers these days with no decent sanctions.

Well we went for for the Christmas Shopping, Ended up getting a Turkey Crown already cover in streaky bacon and stuffed. I already have two packets of sausage stuffing in the freezer I got YS during the week.

I bought YS, two luxury trifles, different flavours, in Mr S yesterday. Trifles freeze well for months. I once put one, that had been made for a birthday party and not used, complete with cut-glass dish in the freezer for six months. It looked and tasted like I had made it that day., when we had it at Christmas.

The girl on the till at Aldi was very rude to DS. She changed her tune as soon as she saw his voucher as she had started saying your are supposed to use them at your own store.

When we got out DS kept calling different taxi firms including the big company that covers all of Greater Manchester that has lots of numbers. When he ran out of numbers he was taking them from passing taxis no one was answering. He downloaded uber really quickly. We have been reluctant to use them as they are not safety checked.

He came quicker than we thought because the traffic was terrible. He was the best driver we have ever had. DS complemented him, I tipped him and DS says he will use him on Sunday to get home from work if he can.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback