Back to work help?

Are there any good companies or charitable organisations that can help somebody get back into work?

I know years ago there were places somebody could go to help with CV and applying for jobs, are there any government or non governmental places to go today?

Which are the best ones please?
Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future

Comments

• jamiesb
    jamiesb Posts: 18 Forumite
    Beyond Job Centres, I'm unsure of where I would turn because I'm guessing resources vary by where you live. You could also get in touch with your nearest Citizen's Advice bureau as they would have a good idea of what is available near you.

Best of luck!
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    AG47 wrote: »
    Are there any good companies or charitable organisations that can help somebody get back into work?

I know years ago there were places somebody could go to help with CV and applying for jobs, are there any government or non governmental places to go today?

That's a question to which the answer is "as long as a piece of string". There's lots. But since we know nothing about you and your circumstances, it's really hard to suggest what would suit you best.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    it also partly depends on the reasons you've been out of work.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I have heard good things said about the Richmond Fellowship. Maybe worth a Google.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite

Well according to your other thread you are working though soon to not be working...

Though you never were the best at a consistent story, or are you asking for another friend?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I found my help through a Job Centre referral to a local scheme. Why not ask there?
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    JCP can help with that, though I get the feeling you are not on JSA, so I'm not sure if they help people who are not on JSA.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My local JCP ran various workshops on different days to help people get back to work.

To be honest I never used any so I cant say if they're worthwhile or not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport