Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

Opened up the Ts Christmas cake last night

28236384_10157152014133082_2140640383_n.jpg?oh=be28831f2b678aa7de1d85f04e037825&oe=5A90DA85

and credit to them it is delicious :D (at 75% off price)

28381037_10157152014998082_181867243_n.jpg?oh=187c861fb4b3aa67991acdc27011a28e&oe=5A90E865
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thank for that. I really want Lidls 'Lurpak' to go on offer again, been waiting ages!

Me too fuzzgun, could kick myself as only got 4 last time. Won't make that mistake again.

Mind you, I don't recall it being on a weekend offer before

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    andi123 wrote: »
    Iv been on to nectar live chat re train trip, points added now after a load of questions,
    1) we have no record of this. My answer. Sent photo shot I'd kept
    2)Have you got conformation email from east coast trains. My answer I think it's been deleted
    3)How far did you travel. My answer HayMkt to Edin. Then 3 other trips in 5 days, so I think it's only first short trip that counts for points
    4) ok I will have to check this out with my manager. My answer. Fine
    5) did you travel east or west coast trains. My answer. Sorry I'm from down south and not really sure, ( think I'm sounding a bit thick by this time)
    I would say it was east coast
    6) how much did you pay. My answer. In total about £70
    7) ok I'll add your 1000 points this time, please make sure you keep e mail confirmation in future, as we have no record

Just checked nectar balance 1058 points added.

I was just chasing this up on OHs account.

I sent screenshot and booking confirmation ref.

Lady came back and said all West Coast points will be added by the end of the week
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Me too fuzzgun, could kick myself as only got 4 last time. Won't make that mistake again.

Mind you, I don't recall it being on a weekend offer before

Not too sure what offer it was on, I did think it was a weekend thing as it was about half price. My mum bought a couple and I tried it... Mmmmm.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Thank for that. I really want Lidls 'Lurpak' to go on offer again, been waiting ages!

Hi I actually keep the back page of the offers in a folder. The last time the danepak was on offer was the weekend of 29th-30th July 2017. Somethings get repeated a lot quicker like gold tea bags, sliced emmental, cookies, bratwurst or muesli. I was hoping I could spot some sort of pattern and thereby predict how many items of the offers I like I would need to buy till the offer came round again.

I think its a work in progress or completely random.:o
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • fuzzgun19 wrote: »

Me too, it's my favourite version :D
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Milk chocolate digestive biscuits 300g in T 29p value range, they must be changing the packaging.

Afternoon peeps.

Can't see my Easter egg in pending, is that right?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • I have home and car insurance renewing at start of April, so spent a few hours doing a bit of shopping about, although can only get it a month in advance, so maybe a bit pre-entive.

Car insurance, fully comp. with protected no claims, through TCB and Churchill £10 cb, excess £350, will be a net £198, will wait to see renewal offer in next week or so.

House & Contents, contents valued at a realistic £25k with buildings excess £500 and contents excess £100, no accidental cover. TCB £60 using PolicyExpert quote of £128.93, so a possible net £68.93, this is probably the one I will go for as renewal will undoubtedly cost well over £100.

so possibly both for under £300,
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2018 at 4:01PM
    andi123 wrote: »
    Iv been on to nectar live chat re train trip, points added now after a load of questions,
    1) we have no record of this. My answer. Sent photo shot I'd kept
    2)Have you got conformation email from east coast trains. My answer I think it's been deleted
    3)How far did you travel. My answer HayMkt to Edin. Then 3 other trips in 5 days, so I think it's only first short trip that counts for points
    4) ok I will have to check this out with my manager. My answer. Fine
    5) did you travel east or west coast trains. My answer. Sorry I'm from down south and not really sure, ( think I'm sounding a bit thick by this time)
    I would say it was east coast
    6) how much did you pay. My answer. In total about £70
    7) ok I'll add your 1000 points this time, please make sure you keep e mail confirmation in future, as we have no record

Just checked nectar balance 1058 points added.

I screenshot the order confirmation screen as well as the nectar offer. It saves faffing about when you get onto live chat

I am still waiting for the latest points to go on but I will give it another week or so.

I see that my wifes account and my account both have 1000 points on our next booking as of today. :j :j
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    silvercar wrote: »
    Virgin Red app is offering Bella Italia deals, either free main courses or £5 deals, pot luck what you get, but you can try every day over the next few days.

Thanks just won a meal! :)
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills