Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• jade222
    Options
    Hi Nika,
    Thank you very much for your response and for the information. I will let you know if I hopefully am successful too in taking it further and post it on here. Well done!
    J
  • pool-hustler
    pool-hustler Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.
    I was on this flight and have sent two letters now.
    One was the basic letter asking for 400 euros each.
    The second (after their letter saying technical faults blah blah blah) letter asking for details of fault.
    They said that they cannot tell me the fault... [FONT=&quot]"Unfortunately, we are unable to release any technical details pertaining to this flight in the interest of safety for our aircraft, passengers and crew."[/FONT]

I have asked the AESA to take my claim to RyanAir. Is it better to go to No win no fee. It seems difficult from what I'm reading to do the court proceedings myself.
    Dr Watsons process seem a bit involved...
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • nika87
    nika87 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.
    I was on this flight and have sent two letters now.
    One was the basic letter asking for 400 euros each.
    The second (after their letter saying technical faults blah blah blah) letter asking for details of fault.
    They said that they cannot tell me the fault... [FONT=&quot]"Unfortunately, we are unable to release any technical details pertaining to this flight in the interest of safety for our aircraft, passengers and crew."[/FONT]

I have asked the AESA to take my claim to RyanAir. Is it better to go to No win no fee. It seems difficult from what I'm reading to do the court proceedings myself.
    Dr Watsons process seem a bit involved...

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Hi,

I would tell them that pilot announced that crew went over their flying hours which is not considered as extraordinary circumstances and that at the airport you were advised that the reason for delay are faulty blades. That's what I wrote and received answer that they are in position to pay out. I filled in my bank details so I hope I will receive money soon.

Good luck!!!!
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    If you want to go NWNF try Bott & Co.
    Not euclaim then?
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    nika87 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would tell them that pilot announced that crew went over their flying hours which is not considered as extraordinary circumstances and that at the airport you were advised that the reason for delay are faulty blades. That's what I wrote and received answer that they are in position to pay out. I filled in my bank details so I hope I will receive money soon.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks but not sure that would cut it. Never heard from the pilot at all.
    Ryanair won't say what the fault was
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not euclaim then?

General recommendation of this forum is DIY (Money Saving) using Vauban's Guide and if Ryanair Dr Watson's 'supplement'. If you don't want to DIY but NWNF then Bott & Co seem to be favoured but at the end of the day it is for you to decide how to proceed.
  • ffiscool
    ffiscool Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have gone the NWNF route as I didn't have time to follow it through myself, plus Bott and Co said I am entitled to the 400 euros per person. Ryanair never came back to me after my initial claim letter, even though they did say they had forwarded my letter to their head office. I had given them 14 days.. nothing. But well done you!! I wonder why that was dealt with.. maybe pot luck who opens the email or letter...
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    Was you on my flight?
    Let us know how NWNF goes please?
  • ffiscool
    ffiscool Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    which flight and date were you on? yes, will update once I hear more. They have accepted the case so I imagine think they will win.
  • pool-hustler
    Options
    Malaga-stansted 8th July
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills