€uro exchange

I realise that this is an impossible question to get a definitive answer to but I'm interested in opinions. We are spending six weeks travelling through Europe next summer so will need a lot of Euros obviously; given the current state of falling exchange rate I'm tempted to take several thousand pounds from my savings now and take the deals on offer because I fear it's only going to get worse.

What would you do? Is that a sensible option or am I panicking unnecessarily?

I will hold nobody to blame if their advice turns out to be wrong, just canvassing thought.
Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'd just leave my money in my bank in the UK and use cards for spending and cash abroad.

I'd suggest you do the same.
  • MikeJO
    MikeJO Posts: 374
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'd just leave my money in my bank in the UK and use cards for spending and cash abroad.

I'd suggest you do the same.

That's what I've always done, just worried about the possible Brexit affected crash in the value of Sterling. Already people are getting less than 1 to 1 if they're daft enough to change at the airport, it's a conundrum.
    Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How far would the pound have to drop to make a preloaded card cheaper overall then a fee free credit or debit card?
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    How far would the pound have to drop to make a preloaded card cheaper overall then a fee free credit or debit card?

Not that much really, if you're using something like Transferwise Borderless account.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills