£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Comments

• swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    So it turns out if you already have a joint club account you can't open an individual club account online. Glitch with the system thinking you already have a club account and can't open another when you can indeed have an individual and joint account. Sorted out by opening an account over the phone. Bit of a PITA but worth it for the switching reward.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have people that are in the process of switching been receiving text alerts of the progress?

I opened mine on the 4th October by phone and was given the date of the 15th, but I am starting to wonder if that was the start of the switch, not the completion as I thought, as I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Also I switched my mum's Club Lloyd's to her BOS (as had DD that she is keeping) on the 3rd October by completing their online form and again thought that the completion date was the 14th October, but nothing appears to be happening on her's, so I am wondering if the date is actually the start date.

Did you tick 'yes' to the question asking if you wanted to receive SMS updates?
  • Yes with myself on the phone and on my mum's switch application. We have both received a text saying that they have received our switch request's but that is all.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have people that are in the process of switching been receiving text alerts of the progress?

I had an initial text saying that my switch request had been received, and have had nothing since.

Target switch date is the 14th. Called up to ask as I was a bit concerned I'd heard nothing also, was basically told "yeah looks OK". Which... no idea, really.

I'll give it a few more days.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • When is your switch suppose to be completed?
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    When is your switch suppose to be completed?

Next Monday, 14th.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I applied , account opened and activation key arrived
    I went to register on line , it came back with already registered , so I went to log in , I had printed of the user name so knew that was correct , put in password .....not recognised . In the off chance I had the password wrong ( though it was my normal one ) I clicked forgotten details and filled in my details
    I am not recognised ? tried calling the bank they couldn't help because I didn't have a mobile phone registered , if they had asked on application form I would have entered it
    So catch 22 , they suggested I visited a branch to try and sort it out
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • The guy I just spoke to at Lloyds tells me we cannot get a switching bonus on both our joint account and my wife's personal current account. I queried it and he went and checked and confirmed it.

That's the end of the line for me (unless anyone knows any different)?
    ''He who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things devine.''
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The guy I just spoke to at Lloyds tells me we cannot get a switching bonus on both our joint account and my wife's personal current account. I queried it and he went and checked and confirmed it.

That's the end of the line for me (unless anyone knows any different)?
    Certainly, that's what the T&Cs say, but I'm not sure it's actually been tested by anyone yet. Could well still work with a joint account, but I was hoping somebody here would try and report back, saving me the hassle. :)
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • mrmajika wrote: »
    Certainly, that's what the T&Cs say, but I'm not sure it's actually been tested by anyone yet. Could well still work with a joint account, but I was hoping somebody here would try and report back, saving me the hassle. :)

Not wishing to add to the confusion, but I just had the following online chat with a Lloyds adviser:

X: "You’re about to chat with one of our colleagues. They’ll give you help and guidance. They can’t answer questions about your personal accounts, or give advice about products. They’ll never ask you to move money out of your account.

Please don’t tell us your username, password, memorable info, card number or PIN.

You’re now connected to one of our colleagues.

Hi, how can I help?"

X: Good afternoon, you're on chat with X, can I take your name please?
    You: Hi X, I have a question about the current switching offer from Lloyds
    You: Mr X X
    You: I do not currently have any Lloyds product
    X: Hi there, Mr X. Hope you are well today. How may I assist you?
    You: ok, my wife and I are considering switching two accounts....our joint X account and my wife's X current account. Would we receive 1,2 or 3 switching bonuses?
    X: Let me quickly check that for you. Please allow me 1-3 minutes.
    You: no problem
    X: I greatly appreciate your patience.
    X: You will receive 2 cash back offer.
    You: thanks for checking that. A chap on the phone spoke with before told me we would receive only one so I'm a bit confused
    You: are you sure?
    X: I'm sorry to hear that.
    X: Yes, you will then receive 2 cash back offer since you will be switching 2 different bank accounts over to us.
    You: ok, thanks for checking that. Do you have the facility to email the transcript of this chat to me? Just in case someone tells me different after we apply!
    X: I'm sorry, we don't use an e-mail as a form of communication to our customers due to security reason.
    X: However, you have the option to copy paste or print this chat if you click on ‘End Chat’.
    You: thanks, I'll do that. Appreciate your help

:undecided
    ''He who takes no offence at anyone either on account of their faults, or on account of his own suspicious thoughts, has knowledge of God and of things devine.''
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure