Holiday cancellation and insurance claim

Options
13»

Comments

• creditpunch
    creditpunch Posts: 283 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2019 at 8:35PM
    Options
    Maybe we need to adopt the "tell people what they want to hear" approach that another forum user implemented over the weekend.

That’s not the case. However my original question was on the deposit vs lead paying regarding insurance. I have been open with the travelling group of my intentions and resolving my commitment to them! I didn’t say it here as that wasn’t the question I asked the forum! My question was about the insurance as I have already covered everything else with the travelling group.

I’m thankful for the group’s advice on the question I asked it has been useful.

CP
  • creditpunch
    Options
    To what end? You've changed your mind about travelling. Insurance does not cover for such events. We don't have cancel for any reason policies in the UK.

That’s fine as that was the ‘advice’ I was looking for!!!!
  • LittleMrsThrifty
    Options
    It sounds like you've already decided you're not going regardless, but could you ask about an EARLIER flight home. Ok so you'd lose a bit of your holiday but probably not £900 worth.
    MSE aim: more thanks than posts :j
  • creditpunch
    creditpunch Posts: 283 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2019 at 6:15PM
    Options
    No earlier flights. They’ve now changed the flights again for those still going to late 3/1/20 as opposed to early 2/1/20. The changes have been so frequent since booked in May my cancellation hasn’t been a flippant decision. My DS has exams and I have work that isn’t flexible enough to be at the whim of the agent’s changes, unavoidable or not. £900 is a lot of money to lose just like that without serious thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure