ebay member / postal problem. ( scam?)

Options
hi all,

last week i got a message from a ebay buyer stating his package had not arrived, i realized the package got stuck in the collect+ warehouse. (going by his ebay feedback, a lot of his packages go missing etc)

a member here helped and i found the correct postcode via the royal mail website. collect+ were quite helpful, they stated they will update the address and he should now receive in the next few days ( its been 13days now)

i tried contacting the buyer regarding his address etc thinking it was a honest mistake but the response i got was quite abrupt, stating his package had not arrived and he was getting annoyed - i have not replied.

i know the package is late ( clearly not my fault) but can the buyer open a case against me if the package is not lost?

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it is past the eBay estimated delivery date, the buyer can open an Item Not Received case.

If you are unable to prove delivery, the buyer will win the case and get a refund.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • messia07
    messia07 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it is past the eBay estimated delivery date, the buyer can open an Item Not Received case.

If you are unable to prove delivery, the buyer will win the case and get a refund.

thats the thing, i have a tracking number. the package has been getting regular updates but states its still in the warehouse.

i was just wondering, can he open a case if the package's tracking is active and says its still in the warehouse?
  • katieort
    katieort Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The buyer can open a case, however if you have tracking info, make sure it has already been uploaded to the listing.
    If they do decide to open a case, upload the tracking again and it will show that it is on its way.
    If they refuse to open a case, chances are they do this a lot and aren't allowed to open a case.
    Either way, as long as you have tracking you are covered. If it doesn't end up being delivered as it has lost, just claim your money back from the courier, your tracking number proves that it was sent.
    Hope that helps! :)
  • messia07
    Options
    thanks for replying.

this type of thing is luckily very rare for me but it dose put a downer on selling on ebay.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    You need to put the tracking number on eBay before they open a case as eBay won't accept it if it is entered afterwards
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,201 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to put the tracking number on eBay before they open a case as eBay won't accept it if it is entered afterwards

I think it actually needs to have been entered before the delivery time is reached, the wording is unclear but the policy seems to be that tracking is uploaded basically when item is sent.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I think it actually needs to have been entered before the delivery time is reached, the wording is unclear but the policy seems to be that tracking is uploaded basically when item is sent.

I think you are right. OP you need to check the eBay estimated delivery date and enter tracking info if you can.
  • messia07
    Options
    thanks all, i always try and add tracking straight after posting off the item but i was not aware how important it was to enter it before a case was opened.

after nearly getting scammed many years ago, i keep all my postal receipts. i have tones of them :/

interestingly the tracking has now been updated and there has been 2 attempted deliveries and it seems collect plus are going to try for a 3rd time.. its all very strange.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    messia07 wrote: »
    interestingly the tracking has now been updated and there has been 2 attempted deliveries and it seems collect plus are going to try for a 3rd time.. its all very strange.

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/help-advice/i-missed-my-delivery
    I missed my delivery

If you are not in when your parcel is delivered, our driver will make up to 3 attempts to deliver on subsequent days and/or we will leave a card if:

Your parcel has been left in a safe place e.g. garage, shed, side entrance, in an enclosed porch

Your parcel has been left with a neighbour; a neighbour is not just the person to either side of you but could be someone across the street or a few doors down. Don’t worry, we will tell you the house number on the card.

Your parcel could not be delivered and has been returned to the local depot. To arrange re-delivery or collection from the depot follow the details on the card.

Keep an eye on the third attempt. You could get in touch with their CS and ask why the delay now you've given the correct post code.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure