Item listed (in error) as collection only .. Purchased by non local

I listed a small item but for some reason listed it as collection only, rather than adding the £3 postage

Somebody has just bought it and paid the selling price, which is what made me investigate further. As I said, I listed it in error as collection only

Do I just 'take the hit' or message the buyer. OK I made a mistake (I agree there) but so did the buyer, buying an item listed as collection only. If it had been a pram for example, the problem would have been more serious

thanks for any input

Comments

• marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Are you sure they are not going to collect?

What is the item value, I would be more inclined to post it if it was £3 on a £1000 item, less so if it was £5.

If it's listed as collect only, I would message the buyer and point out that it is that, and say you can post it for an extra £3 if they want to go ahead.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Have they actually said they are not able to collect?

E.g I buy collection only items for 160 miles away from my post code because my parents will collect!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I would contact them and see if they are collecting. Hint at postage costing ££ but dont ask for it. If they offer then good if not your down £3.

Find the cheapest service to send it.

Had a guy come down from Scotland for some RC parts. Seems he bought a lot of stuff from all over and making it a road trip.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,489
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would contact them and see if they are collecting.

OP here ..

I just sent a message, written as if a 'standard note' asking when they would like to collect, as the item had been listed as collection only.

I left it at that .. as if I didn't know they were at Lands End.

They will probably cancel now as they'll realise they made a mistake, or maybe were trying a 'fast one' knowing postage was not included.

The item was only worth £8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport