Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    How long should it take for my car insurance to track? I used TopCashback Compare on 22/05/2109 and apart from showing on "Clicks to merchants" it's not showing on my account. Thanks.
  • I really don't understand how TopCashback makes it top of the list, remember it is not just about the cashback rates - customer service is important too when it comes to issues & customer service.

TopCashback customer service - sucks.

I used TopCashback as my preference (saved over £800 with them), until I got involved in a claim for a large cashback on a holiday. They only paid out part & owed me more. I had proof which I gave. This issue was nearly FOUR years ago (yes, FOUR years with cut % paste replies from them every time I re-raise the issue).

I have used Quidco since, and saved £1,500 ! ! Never have an issue with them.

Also, watch out with TopCashback I have noticed that with some merchants they don't pay cashback but give Avios points. So they are not a cashback site !

I recommend Quidco, stay away from TopCashback unless you really love dealing with a substandard outfit.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 - TopCashback Compare is slightly different to normal purchases and can take 60 days to track to your account. This is because people can ring up and edit quotes through it and still earn cashback.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 - TopCashback Compare is slightly different to normal purchases and can take 60 days to track to your account. This is because people can ring up and edit quotes through it and still earn cashback.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thanks Matt. I just wanted to make sure as I lost out on quite a large sum of money because I didn't query my missing Curry's cashback soon enough.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hey everyone,

@POPPYOSCAR – We do have on the front page a question that says ‘who provides the gift card’ we have put that We are working in partnership with Gift Cloud, who will supply the gift card to you. In addition, this is listed in the privacy and terms and conditions area of the site.

@hannahp – I do understand you are frustrated and I am sorry for the time this is taking.

We hold the member experience very close to our hearts and we have and do remove retailers that have no interest in fairness or coughing up the money.

That being said, we can’t confuse the above with the transactions where for one reason or another the tracking network does not believe we’re eligible for the cashback amount the member expected.

Whether this is because another site has been partly paid the commission or whether it’s something like the tracking network believes the order fits in a better category. When this happens it doesn’t affect all members and in fact a very small portion of this.

Just because it’s a small number of members, it doesn’t mean there is no urgency there but at the end of the day, we think it’s better than to be persistent than passive with situations like this.

We’re not going to just roll over and accept a bad response if we don’t think there are grounds to do that and while yes that does lead to a longer wait, we think that this is an important compromise we need to make.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Sorry still not convinced.

I know I am repeating myself but the email containing the gift card is headed Topcashback with your usual logos and it tracked immediately so what reason can there possibly be for it tracking at 0.00 and not being payable?
  • diamond_dave
    diamond_dave Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Beginning to agree with some views about Topcashcashback as for the second time tcb insurance hasn't tracked. They say that it takes up to 60days to appear but by that time I have forgotten the details. Still waiting for an inquiry dating back to December which didn't track so I don't hold out much hope again.Think I'll stick with Quidco in future!!!
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@minimad1970 – Glad I could help and advise you with this 😊

@POPPYOSCAR – I am sorry you remain not convinced, I have given you as much info as I can about this. We’re not the retailer and we weren’t the one to decide we’re not eligible for the commission and so we need to go through the claims process.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ive used top cashback and mostly have good reviews but some of my cashback has been declined for no reason. I also like Cashback Today they pay out as soon as it is approved you dont have to request it:j
  • Hi All,

I have also experienced issues with cashback claims.

After purchasing a bed from Carpetright over 2 years ago, I was expecting cashback of £107, after it appearing in my account as pending I assumed after a few months it would all go through... It never reached that stage and after multiple exchanges with a member of the Topcashback team I was always given the same response.We only purchased the bed from Carpetright because of the Topcashback deal.

More recently i have had the same issue with a TUI purchase for £78.48 and Expedia for £111.75 both claims are now 'Waiting for Retailer'. I cant help but feel these will go the same way dueto them being a higher value claim and again i only booked with Expedia due to the cashback offered but could have got a slightly better deal elsewhere if i knew this wasnt going to be paid.

I seems to always have issues with the higher value claims, and annoyingly get the same response from staff.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi All,

I have also experienced issues with cashback claims.

After purchasing a bed from Carpetright over 2 years ago, I was expecting cashback of £107, after it appearing in my account as pending I assumed after a few months it would all go through... It never reached that stage and after multiple exchanges with a member of the Topcashback team I was always given the same response.We only purchased the bed from Carpetright because of the Topcashback deal.

More recently i have had the same issue with a TUI purchase for £78.48 and Expedia for £111.75 both claims are now 'Waiting for Retailer'. I cant help but feel these will go the same way dueto them being a higher value claim and again i only booked with Expedia due to the cashback offered but could have got a slightly better deal elsewhere if i knew this wasnt going to be paid.

I seems to always have issues with the higher value claims, and annoyingly get the same response from staff.

Same thing for me. Two cruise purchases (Royal Caribbean), one now nearly three years old, the other 18 months, so circa £100 Cashback each.

Topcashback are useless with slopey shoulder responses all meant to placate me with how good they are because they haven’t CLOSED MY CLAIMS...

Having learn d my lesson not to use Topcashback anymore, I use either Quidco or ShopperDiscountsandRewards (Complete Savings) and I have not had any problems with Cashback from either. (SDR give better % for P&O cruises, I use Quidco for Royal Caribbean)

Why is it therefore only TCB seem to have a problem paying out?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback