Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    I'm coming off a 2-year Ovo deal, and deciding between Symbio (which I didn't find on the CEC...) and Green (Oak).

The reviews are swaying me against Symbio, plus that their website doesn't work - I can't get a quote or see how to start the switch.

I'm also with Natwest, so if they do not recognise Symbio for the 2% household cashback, then the annual difference with Green reduces from £18 to around £4. (But would be nice if Natwest recognise Symbio to shave off 2% from my Symbio bill instead).

Sorry, not adding anything here but thinking out loud...
  • @Samdude
    Website working okay for me. The get a quote link is on the main page but I've included the URL for the quote page for you.
    https://symbioenergy.co.uk/getquote/
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @Samdude
    Website working okay for me. The get a quote link is on the main page but I've included the URL for the quote page for you.

Thanks - that wasn't working for the last 2 hours, but it is now :)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2019 at 11:37PM
    Looking at them as they are coming in cheaper than my daughter's (maybe) ending Eversmart deal. Anyone with Santander - are they paying cashback ?
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    Anyone with Santander - are they paying cashback ?

Post #253
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @Samdude
    Strange how they ask fo the meter number in the quote, most suppliers ask for existing supplier and address and get it as part of the switchover.

The price on summer v2 tariff looks slightly more expensive direct on their website
  • DawnCrush
    DawnCrush Posts: 220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    fo
    nic_c wrote: »
    Strange how they ask fo the meter number in the quote, most suppliers ask for existing supplier and address and get it as part of the switchover.

The price on summer v2 tariff looks slightly more expensive direct on their website

Probably just a belt & braces approach to ensure they switch the correct meter, but I'm sure you can leave it blank and take your chances ;)

Not sure what you mean by "slightly more expensive direct on their website". Prices for any specific tariff should be the same whether applying direct or via a third party site.
  • nic_c wrote: »
    Given the number of times we see people complaining on this forum about their meter number not matching their address, perhaps this is the best way.
    Although it is unusual asking for it at the quote stage as it is normally only asked for when you click to switch.
    At the end of the day, if you switch to them it makes no difference.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    gt94sss2 wrote: »
    Not the answer to the question though ;) They do not appear on the list.

Switching my daughter anyway, even without the 2% still the cheapest. Will look again when I come up for renewal next month.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    nic_c wrote: »

Even stranger after every meter read they send the details through to a third party to validate the read. Me thinks they do not trust us!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback