Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Tried to sign up but won't let me without a phone number (I don't use a phone).
    Emailed directly and confirmed they wouldn't give me an account.
    I asked them how they complied with the Equalities Act and they gave me another email to complain to.
    Sent several emails but they haven't replied.
    In 2016 why have an online system that won't let you sign up without a telephone number!
    Their loss....
    Now, where do I click to show 'poor' feedback?
  • kevcoo
    kevcoo Posts: 18 Forumite
    After leaving on the 23 June,received a bill dated up to 13 July estimated , not a final bill incorrect amount of days and wrong meter readings , sent 3 emails inside 30 mins of each other, received reply they had now got final meter reading that morning ( what a surprise )now got final bill , glad I have left them very poor company,they now owe me money say they will pay it back in 2-4 weeks will be ready for contact if they don't
  • kevcoo
    kevcoo Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2016 at 8:31AM
    Tried to sign up but won't let me without a phone number (I don't use a phone).
    Emailed directly and confirmed they wouldn't give me an account.
    I asked them how they complied with the Equalities Act and they gave me another email to complain to.
    Sent several emails but they haven't replied.
    In 2016 why have an online system that won't let you sign up without a telephone number!
    Their loss....
    Now, where do I click to show 'poor' feedback?

Be thankful for that,you had a lucky escape,stay well clear
    Feedback will show when they look at prices and click on feedback will bring them to this page, poor is being nice in my book
  • My dual contract with avro started on 10 July. On 29 July I received an email from my old dual fuel supplier informing me that my gas contract with them had just ended and they had switched me to standard terms.
    I contacted avro at 10 am, who asked me to send a photo of each of my gas and elec meters. Quite clever I thought, enabled them to check that I had supplied them the correct info and that they hadn't screwed up at their end.
    By 1600 they had sorted out the mistake at my previous supplier who were at fault.

Couldn't be better.
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Initial, thoughts part way through switching.......i have a poor feeling about them, energy usage questioned by them as low ? had to send previous bills, no welcome pack, no communication since 14/7/16, had to chase for switch date, not on Santander 123 list...not sure i'll be staying tbh.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2016 at 10:19PM
    Just started the switch today. Still in the cooling off period.

However, this is another energy company that takes money up front. First DD is scheduled 21 days after you join. So worth bearing in mind when switching.

Welcome pack arrived by e-mail within 30 minutes.
    Not yet able to give readings. Thankfully meter readers have been round recently, so they should be pretty up to date with the soon to be former supplier anyway.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Avro energy confirmed as eligible for 2% cashback on payments on Santander 123. i now have a letter from the bank confirming such.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if they are on the Natwest Cashback Scheme? From the first posts I was prepared to consider them, not sure now.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • xylabion
    xylabion Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 24 August 2016 at 1:22PM
    I got sick and tired of E-ON springing nasty rip-off surprises on me and their rather indifferent customer service attitude so switched over to Avro back in April following searches on the Energy Club site with promised SIGNIFICANT savings. The switch went seamlessly, DDR payments began precisely when they said they would and with no hidden 'extras', no marketing BS offering stuff that I didn't need and no problem when contacting their customer services. Although their office is only open weekdays, telephone calls are answered within seconds, no piped musac and long waits, no call centre idiots to deal with after such waits and service operatives actually IN the main Avro office are friendly, informative and deal with any questions or other matters immediately.
    My estimated predicted usage on dual energy - and hence my monthly DDR's - were based on past usage with E-ON but after only 4 months I'm ALREADY £460 in credit and although the DDR doesn't come up for review for another 8 months, it'll clearly be adjusted significantly lower at that time than it is now. if I wait that long...though it's likely that I'd be able to do that right now if I wanted with a quick phone call. Try doing that with E-ON and they effectively tell you to f*** off!!
    VERY pleased with Avro so far...a small company with small overheads - at least for now - and I'd highly recommend the company to anyone. :T

Edit. After reading previous postings on this thread I'm surprised by all the negative comments and would suggest that when incorrect readings and estimates are reported, that's down to PREVIOUS energy suppliers. One has to supply final meter readings when leaving one company to switch to another. Those readings are then passed on to the new company by your old company, hence if you don't supply a final reading, you can't then expect the new company to get it right! And as for not using a phone in the 21st Century...yeah, sure, Im sure that we all believe you. If you use the internet then you can send text messages from any one of hundreds of net-based text editors, and hence you can create a 'phone' number. Therefore you can get an Avro account.
  • XXXX
    XXXX Posts: 157 Forumite
    I switched to Avro in April and decided to switch away in June. However, Avro blocked my switching, due to 'unpaid payment', but why should I carry on paying them without a bill after switching away?

They called me from a private number demanding for payment, then sent me an email with an unknown bank account demanding payment to be sent. Which they put customers in vulnerable positions open to scammers if obey.

Energy suppliers never hesitate to charge you by direct debit, long before presenting any bill. It means you would have to pay both suppliers during switching while neither suppliers present bills to you. That is not something in customers' favour but suppliers. They rather accumulate plenty of credit in advance.

But blocking of switching due to no payment (due to no bill), is unheard of. They simply put themselves into a vicious circle, p1ssing off customers also accumulating usage at the same time.

Think twice next time if you wish to switch to Avro!
    Vodafone sucks. :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure