• nyck
    nyck Posts: 147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2019 at 12:32PM
    Options
    bobblebob wrote: »
    Update from the CAA

Got the E-mail Wednesday asking for more info
    Then got another E-mail last night saying it would be paid within 48hrs but the money was already in my bank.
    Good luck everyone
  • Justa_par1953
    Options
    Does protectclaims ever answer the phone ,
    For 4 days now I've been trying get through and all it ever does it ring and ring n then you finally think someone has answered and it hangs up?

I've just spoken to a lovely lady at CAA ,

She said everyone who had booked direct with thomas cook their cases are all being dealt with by protect claims, and any thomas cook holidays booked through a third party are being dealt with by the other firms, began with C but I cant remember name.

Also said anyone who said with gift cards is being asked for proof of purchase ( although there was one oister here who got paid with no further proof required)
    She also said anyone who had paid in cash over £1000 is being asked to submit proof where it came from , she was very sympathetic and understanding , proving it isnt always easycespecially for those that have been saving invsmalllerxamounts forcsome time. Atcend of the day ide like to think eventually everyone with a valid claim will get paid, no where on the atol certificate does it say cash has to be proved, atol is the reasons many people book for he protection it gives and it's not going to do the CAA or atol any favours uf they reject indefinitely valid claims based on proving where the cash came from when all the other details match up with their internal systems .

Thousands will be affected, so surely something will have to be done eventually and other processes used to validate those claims.
  • westiedog
    westiedog Posts: 196 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done to the people who have been paid already. Hoping to at least get mine before the end of February before the balance of my Jet2 holiday is due. I will be paying by credit card then paying off the balance. Once bitten ... etc etc :beer:
    :A
  • RS2OOO
    RS2OOO Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 December 2019 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Not sure about others or if just cookies on my machine, but the link bobblebob posted to check claims status has now been blocked for viewing TC claims for me.
  • bobblebob
    bobblebob Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My claim is no longer on the checker. Does that mean ive been paid? Will find out
  • bobblebob
    Options
    RS2OOO wrote: »
    Not sure about others or if just cookies on my machine, but the link bobblebob posted to check claims status has now been blocked for viewing TC claims for me.

Yea seems im same. Just lists some generic information about Rightpatch. Asssume yours is same?
  • westiedog
    Options
    My second claim - I have just received an email from Protect Claims asking for further information on this one as well... This just takes the biscuit
    :A
  • bobblebob
    Options
    Seems the CAA/Rightpath have removed the checker for TC claims as its not applicable for us
  • Justa_par1953
    Options
    Yes the claims checker is down for me too,
    So back to the phone for updates , but as we know they dont answer the phone and if they do as soon as they pick it up they put it straight back down again,
    For the 20000 + customers who are having to jump through hoops to get their owed money it's just another kick in the teeth.

I've read on another forum some people will end up having to issue claims in the small claims court to recover their money, especially those who paid for in cash if no direct withdrawal link to bank account,

It's ok the CEO of the civil aviation authority saying all valid ATOL claims will get paid, try telling that to protectclaims who are demanding proof of where cash came from, how many people will have had a savings tin at home?

Ide like to ask the CEO when is a valid ATOL certificate not actually valid? If people cant prove wher there cash came from, surely a replacement holiday to the same value is warranted, ATOl is supposed to cover us, not look for loopholes to get out of paying, the British public deserve a more transparent service than this , after all every atol registered holiday carries a £2,50 atol surcharge,
    Get your act together CCA / protect claims ,
    22, 000 customers are still relying on you to pull your finger out.
  • bobblebob
    Options
    Unfortunately blame the people who are fraudulently trying to claim refunds. They are forcing the CAA for proof of payment. Paying off a holiday is only like paying for any goods. You need proof of payment to get a refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure