Delightful December's NSD Challenge!

Comments

• delta13
    delta13 Posts: 322
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    After yesterday I'm on 3/12!
    But
    Today will be spendy - I'm treating my team to some lunch for a fab year's work (nothing super extravagant, probably pizza or something delivered to the office), and I owe OH some petrol money.
    Save £12k in 2022 = £3705.97/ £7,500 (49%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #76 = £11,857.21/ £10,000 (118%)

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,156
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Being very very skint helps!

Beanielou, I'm sure that's true, but I'm equally sure that there are many people equally as skint who are not as disciplined as you in how they deal with it xx :)

2021 D: 93 2020 D: 96 2022 D: 15
  • cathybird
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2019 at 3:54PM
    December

NXw3UtD.gif = off to a start!

KGtHOcB.gif = five days

uT2NDvk.gif = 10 days

gJQ6iVw.gif = 15 days

PRJRcMS.gif = 20 days

jcHugCJ.gif = target reached

FBXyPmC.gif = target beaten

December targets

beanielou 7/15 NXw3UtD.gifKGtHOcB.gif
    bestlifenow 1/7 NXw3UtD.gif
    borollan 2/15 NXw3UtD.gif
    cathybird 5/15 NXw3UtD.gifKGtHOcB.gif
    delta13 3/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Donkids22 1/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    Dottles1 2/8 NXw3UtD.gif
    Happy Monday 1/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    Honeysucklelou2 3/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    Ivysmom 1/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    MoneysavingmadGem 1/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Ms W 1/15 NXw3UtD.gif

Munchin 0/10
    Optimistic Saver 4/20 NXw3UtD.gif

Purplemumof2 0/10
    Saver-upper 1/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    scotmumof3 2/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    shopaholicnumber1 3/15 NXw3UtD.gif
    SpekySquarehead 1/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    SSDD23 4/15 NXw3UtD.gif
    Thistimearound 2/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Vanlady 2/12 NXw3UtD.gif
    Wishus 1/10 NXw3UtD.gif
    :j ALL WELCOME TO JOIN!! :j

• cathybird
    Forumite
    delta13 wrote: »
    After yesterday I'm on 3/12!
    But
    Today will be spendy - I'm treating my team to some lunch for a fab year's work (nothing super extravagant, probably pizza or something delivered to the office), and I owe OH some petrol money.

Well done delta13 :) :T:T Enjoy your team lunch! :)

• Optimistic_Saver
    Optimistic_Saver Posts: 144
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2019 at 12:57PM
    cathybird wrote: »
    Beanielou, I'm sure that's true, but I'm equally sure that there are many people equally as skint who are not as disciplined as you in how they deal with it xx :)

Absolutely, I agree with cathybird that you (or should I say 'I') can still find ways to spend money you don't have. And at the same time, being very very skint can focus the mind.... same here. ;)

On that note, a large butternut squash and a packet of cat sticks have got in the way of a NSD for me, today. But I will reap the rewards of said purchases - with a tasty dinner, as OH is making butternut squash and parsnip soup, to go with his homemade bread. And will have a happy cat... All that happiness for £1.66 :rotfl:
    June NSDs: 2/15
  • cathybird
    Forumite
    On that note, a large butternut squash and a packet of cat sticks have got in the way of a NSD for me, today. But I will reap the rewards of said purchases - with a tasty dinner, as OH is making butternut squash and parsnip soup, to go with his homemade bread. And will have a happy cat... All that happiness for £1.66 :rotfl:

Optimistic Saver, the soup sounds delicious! Yum :)

My NSD plans have been severely tested by my realization when I got to work that though I had packed lunch for myself I'd failed to include my usual chocolate bar :eek: Normally speaking, a kind colleague buys choccy bikkies to hand round on a Friday after lunch ... may have to depend on him to get my chocolate fix today :rotfl:

• Vanlady
    Vanlady Posts: 148
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone.
    Hope you got your chocolate fix cathy bird :)
    Optimistic saver, love the sound of your soup and bread! I'm also going to make a spicy lentil soup with HM bread for my dinner, one of my favourite meals.

Oh dear, I'm still on 2/12 NSD as today I bought the frozen peas, along with a few other items. I thought, well, if I'm gonna scupper a NSD might as well go for it!
    Tomorrow I'm heading out to a local Xmas market. It remains to be seen whether it will be a NSD but I will try my best as there really isn't anything at all that we need.
    Good luck everyone.
  • cathybird
    Forumite
    Vanlady wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone.
    Hope you got your chocolate fix cathy bird :)
    Optimistic saver, love the sound of your soup and bread! I'm also going to make a spicy lentil soup with HM bread for my dinner, one of my favourite meals.

Oh dear, I'm still on 2/12 NSD as today I bought the frozen peas, along with a few other items. I thought, well, if I'm gonna scupper a NSD might as well go for it!
    Tomorrow I'm heading out to a local Xmas market. It remains to be seen whether it will be a NSD but I will try my best as there really isn't anything at all that we need.
    Good luck everyone.

I did get the chocolate fix, thank you Vanlady :) My colleague bought white chocolate rocky road-style sweets, and they did the trick. Re soup, spicy lentil soup is one of my favourites too. It's especially good with a little cooked chorizo added in at the end, I reckon.

It's nice to visit Christmas markets, even if you don't buy anything, because it definitely adds to the festive atmosphere at this time of year. :xmassmile

• scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Everyone
    NSD number 2 for me today :)
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    No 6 for me today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure