TSB £50 switch offer

I already apply for TSB current account via the refer to friend £75 last 5 months ago.
I guess I am not entitled for this £50 switch offer.

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Can you link to the switch incentive you are referring to? There's nothing I can find about any offer on their website
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It seems like it's only linked to from MSE site. I looked at it myself the other day, can't find any mention of it on TSB site only the refer a friend offer.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#tsbswitch

Then it takes you here when you click the link....

https://www.tsb.co.uk/classic-plus-moneysavingexpert-offer/?clickref=1011l7toRFDr&fd=A33&mcid=1525338|pca|Affiliate|MSE|ClassicPlus&ch=Affiliate&sch=MSE&pf=pca&sp=ClassicPlus

It seems like if you already get interest on a Plus account from a previous application then you can open another account but you won't get the interest. I read you could if the other was a joint account, I can't because I already have two, read T&C's
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 6 December 2019 at 4:40PM
    Brewer20 wrote: »
    It seems like if you already get interest on a Plus account from a previous application then you can open another account but you won't get the interest.

From £50 switch T+C

"You must not already have a TSB personal current account at the time of application"

"You must not have previously received an incentive for switching an account to TSB"

"You can only benefit from this offer once"
  • Could not figure out what is the different between £50 offer and £75 refer a friend offer?
    Who want to to use £50 if there are £75 refer a friend offer?
  • you have not done enough research.
    :D:D:beer:
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Could not figure out what is the different between £50 offer and £75 refer a friend offer?
    you have not done enough research.
    :D:D:beer:

Not quite sure what you're getting at here Alan!

But, just to confuse matters further, there is, still, £50 cashback on Quidco simply for opening a TSB account. No switching needed. And no need to be a new customer. https://www.quidco.com/search/?search=tsb
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    Could not figure out what is the different between £50 offer and £75 refer a friend offer?

Pretty obvious. Those who don't have a friend who already bank TSB. £50 is a poor switch incentive probably why it is a Martin special only. 2 x £75 per referral is good.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pavane wrote: »
    Pretty obvious. Those who don't have a friend who already bank TSB.
    We are on MSE, where you'd use the Referrer's Board to find a friend.............
    pavane wrote: »
    £50 is a poor switch incentive probably why it is a Martin special only.
    Just it isn't a Martin special at all. Many of us have used the Quidco £50 offer for weeks, and there's a thread on here about it. Although the Quidco offer is a lot simpler than the MSE one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure