Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A question to people who are getting studies, how long have you been a member?

I've been a member since 2016 and had no studies for over a week so I guess they might be giving the studies to new members.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 March 2018 at 7:46PM
    Options
    I've had one today - the 50p video one, I've been a member since Aug 2016. I tend to go a week or two without much then will have the occasional really good day where I have one after the other. I think you're right about new members getting first dibs nowadays.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    I have just removed the Chrome extension and still receive the 503 errors so it seems the assistant is not the culprit. Surprise, surprise. PA need to get their act together, seriously.

ETA: I have re-installed the Prolific Assistant, clicked on Studies and once got the orange F-off button, twice had the 503 error so I really don't think the assistant is to blame.

I've got nothing installed now and have just had that 503 error again so I think you're right. If anyone can give me the idiot's guide to visual ping that would be much appreciated :D
  • Value
    Value Posts: 170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't have the Assistant installed. When I log out of PA and go to the studies page (while logged out) I see (usually) 5 studies. I can click on them but it then makes me log in which is when I'm not eligible. Fair enough as when logged in I wouldn't have seen them anyway so guess I'm not eligible as it said. I suspect the alerts that people get when they are logged out relate to those surveys which they're not eligible for anyway and the Assistant doesn't know the difference between logged in and not.

There is a long list of demographics for researchers to choose who is eligible for surveys. You can find them by looking at the researcher help areas. One is 'Participants approval rate (how well did participants do in past studies?)' so if you got screened out of surveys for not paying attention for example then that might have an effect. When I looked a while ago too there was a criteria for researchers to select 'new' participants so only those who had not completed a lot of surveys. If a lot of researchers select that then there will be a lot fewer surveys available to those who have been on PA for a while. I think that's why I got a lot more surveys when I started a year or so ago. But that's the researcher's prerogative I guess, to choose new participants if they want.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];74078141]I've got nothing installed now and have just had that 503 error again so I think you're right. If anyone can give me the idiot's guide to visual ping that would be much appreciated :D[/QUOTE]

https://visualping.io/ Try that, MLE007. It looks like the ping thing I had before the PA one. I'm sticking with that for now but I think the reason it pings no longer is because the cupboard is bare, as above. July 2016, I started.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];74078141]I've got nothing installed now and have just had that 503 error again so I think you're right. If anyone can give me the idiot's guide to visual ping that would be much appreciated :D[/QUOTE]

To be fair after setting my listener to 120 - I very rarely get this problem now. Though, more surveys would be nice please :D

Are you using Chrome?
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes am using Chrome. I think I've got it back up and running now although the 503 errors are making it ping like crazy. Listener to 120?!?! I don't geddit :D

It's all confuzzling to be honest.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Public Policy Survey
    Available Places : 664/900
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 6mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 March 2018 at 5:48PM
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Public Policy Survey
    Available Places : 664/900
    Avg. Completion Time : 4mins
    Estimated Completion Time by researcher: 6mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 15mins
    Reward: £ 0.50
    I tried to take this study. It asked if I was ready to read the article, I clicked next and got taken to a page that asked if I had read the article. I returned the study and sent a message to the researcher.

Ps. I've been doing Prolific surveys since August 2016, though not many, about £200 worth, I thought everybody else had been doing it much longer!
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    thisone wrote: »
    I tried to take this study. It asked if I was ready to read the article, I clicked next and got taken to a page that asked if I had read the article. I returned the study and sent a message to the researcher.

Worked ok for me thisone, but the article did take quite a while to load after clicking next. It loaded above the button asking if you had read the article.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback