IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA new car parking system PCN

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes of course the NEWBIES thread says that because ludicrously, so many people can't manage to write a letter themselves these days...

...but I qualify my advice by saying:
    BUT DON'T POST IT BY ROYAL MAIL UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION ON THE PCN. CERTAINLY NOT BY RECORDED DELIVERY - FORGET THAT! - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE - OR EMAIL IF OFFERED AS AN OPTION ON THE NOTICE
    You have ''no other option on the PCN'' and I have no idea why you asked, or why we need any threads at all about APCOA, who are so easy to beat you could search for their name here and just copy any other POPLA appeal and win, no thread, no need for advice.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ibcus
    Ibcus Posts: 165 Forumite
    ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE - OR EMAIL IF OFFERED AS AN OPTION ON THE NOTICE

That says to me use the appeal page, or email if offered on the notice

ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE OR EMAIL IF EITHER ARE OFFERED AS AN OPTION ON THE NOTICE

maybe that would avoid confusion?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    No. You are splitting hairs because you didn't read it and just started a thread.

Any thread about APCOA is just pointless and I am bored now. You will win, just APPEAL.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ibcus
    Pretty sure I'm not
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    This thread has become really tedious what on earth is going on here, why not write the letter and get on with it, PPC's are full of twists and turns, the confusion they produce is part of the scam.

Complaining about this forum and the FREE help offered is pointless we are not your enemies!
  • Ibcus
    Thought I would update this thread.

It got to the popla stage and the appeal was sent around 28th July.

I have received an email with the following:
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An Appeal has been opened with the reference 0*********.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]APCOA Parking have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours sincerely[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]POPLA Team[/FONT]
    Coupon-mad I should have just listened to you and not been an ars*.

Thanks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Typical and totally predictable APCOA response to a forum-influenced POPLA appeal. They can't beat us.
    Coupon-mad I should have just listened to you and not been an ars*.
    CM is away from the forum at present, but I'm sure when she's back that will be appreciated. You were actually arguing with the most knowledgable expert and prolific contributor of advice on fighting private parking tickets in the country.

I'm afraid there are too many who vent their frustrations at people who know what they're doing, who give so much of their free time, helping those with problems that have no direct relevance to the regulars here. It's rather surprising how many of the very small number carry on.

Anyway, your pain is now over, but we'll be back, helping at least a dozen new posters with fresh charges, tomorrow.

SSDD!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ibcus
    I must admit I cringe when I read this thread.

No idea if this is normal for the popla track appeal page.
    o0bo8.jpg

I was a little worried it wasn't over when I looked on the POPLA Decisions thread then logged into popla to check my outcome, it seems there is no decision there.

Anyway, I wish the pain was over, there is still the HX parking one that a ticket was paid for but without the full reg being entered into the machine. I have the privilege of dealing with Gladstones on that one.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Anyway, I wish the pain was over, there is still the HX parking one that a ticket was paid for but without the full reg being entered into the machine. I have the privilege of dealing with Gladstones on that one.
    Not as easy to shake off. That's not to say they have any more of a case than APCOA did, but the IPC have created so many cul de sacs to manoeuvre people into - with no meaningful appeals process - you're going to need a Judge to resolve it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ibcus
    Now how do you fancy helping this guy?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45119366
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts