Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    zippydooda wrote: »
    what a result.

i had a £50 voucher through the post from haven. apologising for the bad weather on my break with them a month or so ago. (weather was not too bad)

the holiday i took was a sun newspaper holiday so did not cost a lot anyway.
    i read the t&c a few times and it says on any holiday with them, also can be combined with other offers. as long as there is £50 at least to pay.

so i wondered if i could use it on another sun newspaper holiday. i live chatted them and they confirmed i could. so after i paid the sun paper £38 i recon i can get a holiday break for practically no more to pay.
    off course i have taken a screen shot of my live chat. :D

but it will be extremely hard going to haven without my beloved dog, which we took her with us there for 18 years. :(

So sad :( don't think I would be able to do it so close to losing him :A
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    So sad :( don't think I would be able to do it so close to losing him :A

not so sure ill be able to tweets. wont be a park we took her to, thats for sure. :)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    what a result.

i had a £50 voucher through the post from haven. apologising for the bad weather on my break with them a month or so ago. (weather was not too bad)

i read the t&c a few times and it says on any holiday with them, also can be combined with other offers. as long as there is £50 at least to pay.

so i wondered if i could use it on another sun newspaper holiday. i live chatted them and they confirmed i could. so after i paid the sun paper £38 i recon i can get a holiday break for practically no more to pay.

but it will be extremely hard going to haven without my beloved dog, which we took her with us there for 18 years. :(

Of course it will be hard zippy:o but I know you put her first when planning your holidays, putting off going away yourself to accommodate her needs. You could not have done anymore. She had a fabulous life with you and you should be proud of the love and care you gave her.
    You must go away and enjoy yourselves:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    The consensus is that it's a waste of time and I agree. It served its purpose.

No DM it won't do as a bathmat:rotfl: unless you are a tiny tiny person:D

I found those mats were just too big and looked ungainly, so what I use is a square of that non-slip stuff that you can buy on a roll from Home Bargains. It's more of a mesh, so water will pass through it and it does protect the stainless steel surface. Mine is black as my kitchen is black and white, but other colours are available. Cost £1-something.

I didn't want a dish-drainer as my drainer and the worktop next to it are level with the window sill, and I like the view so I wanted the area to be uncluttered.

The only thing is that you need to lift it and dry under it, and every so often it needs changing for a fresh piece, so I just cut another bit off the roll.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 May 2018 at 9:00PM
    what a result.

Lucky you:T. If only I got compensation (offered willingly and without causing me to think of threatening legal action) from organisations in a similar way to this. I have had organisations that I consider have done far worse things by me, including leaving me in clinical depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and continual uncontrolled heart-racing of a bad nature that recurs nearly a decade later, and yet have failed even to reply, failed therefore even to get close to apologising let alone doing so or even offering any monetary recompense let alone paid anything to me. Then you get compensation for bad weather that wasn't even their fault:rotfl:.

Doh - I am on a mind trip on this that is doing me no good, as I actually feel, nearly a decade on, seethingly angered and annoyed at the behaviour of the organisations in my life and the way they have affected me and it's not helping me to be making myself feel bad.

I guess it is so typical of society, that seems to me to window dress and apologise for the utterly trivial that affects no-one, or affects them only in a relatively minor way, and then fail to acknowledge even let alone compensate for the way more serious impact-affecting things. Society (through organisations in it) will correct a minor thing but the major injustices, or perceived injustices, persist - sometimes or often uncorrected for decades (if they ever are acknowledged or corrected). It seems to me. I guess I should not be so surprised - it fits entirely into my cynically truthful view of society and is to be expected, that people will behave in such an appalling way (the different organisations that have affected me or others and not Haven's good behaviour), will not care a jot about people even to reply to their complaints and will do nothing whatsoever to behave appropriately let alone to acknowledge or correct them. I therefore expect people to behave so reprehensibly badly and am not surprised when they fail to disappoint me by doing so. Totally utterly wrong - and so cynically expected of this upside-down world that will put right the trivial and then fail to do anything about the most serious.

I have appallingly low expectations I know:rotfl::rotfl: (at least I'm still able to laugh). That's because that's the way things are and is to be thoroughly expected of this unjust world.

In fact it is bad - I don't know whether it is me that is doing something wrong - but I often don't get replies to my letters - I have to threaten legal action before I get any reply, even if I ever get a reply even then - maybe my complaints (I've had no contact or complaint about Haven at all, it is about totally separate places) don't fall within the normal things that they receive complaints about and therefore they have no procedure to respond because they don't know how to or I have once again hit the nail directly on the head and provided something to which they have no answer and cannot answer because I am thoroughly right in what I say - or I have resort to going straight to regulatory authorities and not bothering contacting companies directly at all as they will fail to reply and are concerned only about their bottom line, do not care at all about me or other people or about addressing complaints of members of the public at all. In fact, threatening legal action can be worse, as organisations then dig their heels in and won't admit anything if they reply at all. Some companies, especially perhaps those based abroad, don't even reply to regulators - (sigh) there's just nothing we can do to get people to behave right sometimes. It's the good people that get trodden over while it pays to behave badly.

Slight rant (or maybe major rant:rotfl:) over - maybe I feel a bit better now.

Well done for you on that 50 quid:T.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Can anyone tell me please, if you request GC from clicksnap, how long does it take?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    We were out at lunch with, among others, the grandkids. DH was winding our granddaughter up (she's 4) and her response was "you smell like poo", so he asked her what she smells like and she said "I smell like flowers but you smell like poo" :rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 May 2018 at 9:37PM
    In fact it's so bad, I don't think I'll bother even trying to talk to any customer services - instead I ought just to go directly to the police:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Seriously though. It's just that sometimes the conduct is so bad I wish it would be a police matter, as the police ought to be the only way of dealing with it. There definitely ought to be a criminal offence of failing to reply to someone's letter:rotfl:. I would then go to the police as it's the only way sadly of getting anything out of anybody. Sad that that seems to be the case, but they won't do anything voluntarily ("they" being the general they of anywhere I have problems with at all). In fact -

https://www.ft.com/content/b720d60c-c2e4-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

I notice the part where it says, part way down, "When people do speak up, organisations usually fail to respond..."

I rest my case. I am totally right again.

This wasn't what I was originally trying to find. I was looking for a document I saw in the past week, where it says ignoring people is a form of abuse. :idea:I ought to use that and be deeply offended by their failure to reply and then add that abusive behaviour and conduct of failing to reply onto a further complaint that then compounds matters. :(Not that it will do me any good:rotfl:.

"Oh good" I think, when I see that ignoring someone amounts to being abusive. Now I can use that to make their behaviour even worse and add to my complaint. But I am being slightly sarcastic - the point I am making here is that things can get out of hand and sooner or later anything and nothing at all is included within things (such as hate crime) that then criminalises all forms of human behaviour as anyone at all could see anything, something or nothing as being merely "unfriendly" to them and therefore it is "hatred". In fact, local councils have tried this - laws get drawn out, drafted very widely that, whilst this provides flexibility to respond to new and changing circumstances, also makes them interpreted in a way contrary to their original intention - for example criminalising within public spaces "any behaviour capable of causing annoyance".

I think that just about covers literally everything. I think all behaviour is capable of causing annoyance, even if it never actually does so or is even likely to do so. I could be (and often am) annoyed by absolutely anything. So now every form of action or inaction within an area is a criminal offence. I'm annoyed by the behaviour of criminalising anything capable of causing annoyance. So, passing the legislation itself is in breach of its own provision, or, sadly, would be if only its own standards were applied to itself or if it was behaviour, of passing legislation, being carried out within the area covered by it. "Behaviour capable of causing annoyance". Such as passing this piece of legislation that falls to specify exactly what it covers and therefore doesn't enable me to regulate my conduct to ensure I don't do what might cause annoyance. As that covers literally everything though, I will simply have to stay outside of the geographic area it covers - as I can't go into there and risk being capable of causing any annoyance at all.

Is anyone now capable of being annoyed by this post, its length or its tedious (for them) going on about this thing? Good:rotfl:. Proves the point I was making - anything is capable of causing annoyance. Have I now done anything within that? Well, I suppose if your computer happens to be within a house within one of these geographic areas, and therefore you are reading what I've said within the geographic area, then maybe I have. Report me to the police please - I would love to see the reaction to it:rotfl:. I would point out that this is so even if you aren't annoyed. What I did was capable of causing annoyance. It was also capable of causing any number of other reactions - such as amusement, enjoyment, bemusement, indifference and lots of other things. But it was capable of causing annoyance, so is squarely within the wording there.

It has to be "without reasonable excuse". However, I consider that there is never any excuse for annoying me, or being capable of doing so, on any occasion whatsoever.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me please, if you request GC from clicksnap, how long does it take?

Sorry I don't know bubbs:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    In fact it's so bad, I don't think I'll bother even trying to talk to any customer services - instead I ought just to go directly to the police:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Seriously though. It's just that sometimes the conduct is so bad I wish it would be a police matter, as the police ought to be the only way of dealing with it. There definitely ought to be a criminal offence of failing to reply to someone's letter:rotfl:. I would then go to the police as it's the only way sadly of getting anything out of anybody. Sad that that seems to be the case, but they won't do anything voluntarily ("they" being the general they of anywhere I have problems with at all). In fact -

https://www.ft.com/content/b720d60c-c2e4-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

I notice the part where it says, part way down, "When people do speak up, organisations usually fail to respond..."

I rest my case. I am totally right again.

This wasn't what I was originally trying to find. I was looking for a document I saw in the past week, where it says ignoring people is a form of abuse. :idea:I ought to use that and be deeply offended by their failure to reply and then add that abusive behaviour and conduct of failing to reply onto a further complaint that then compounds matters. :(Not that it will do me any good:rotfl:.

Your link doesn't work savvy.

Sorry you feel like this. I have no knowledge of what's happened to you but agree with much of what you say. Companies should respond instead of burying their heads in the sand. I think they are wary of opening up a dialogue not knowing the outcome. :o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills