Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone. Plodding on at target here. Weighed in this morning and +1LB.
    Not surprised or unhappy but I find myself at the top of range again so I need to knuckle down with the plan instead of drinking peroni in the sunshine.

I know the feeling midge. I seem to spend too much time at the top of range too. :( It's not easy staying in that 6lbs window but we know it's worth it!:D

As you have the Bio Oil and coconut butter at home then I'd use it up Stoke. Very mse :money:and it'll be good for the condition of your skin too. If it helps the loose skin then that's a bonus. It's good to look after yourself:).

I don't know about high waisted trousers for men either. What I do know is that I much prefer a man in a good shirt, tee shirt or polo shirt in the summer rather than a vest or worse still bare chested with a tee shirt hanging from the waist band of joggers with pants on show!:rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,480
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just a quick post while I!!!8217;ve got a good signal on DH!!!8217;s IPad.

Well done Stoke on going back to SW when you realised you had put most of the weight you!!!8217;d lost. It must be quite hard to go back which is one of the reasons I still go every week, even after nearly 8 years.

Definitely had too many syns yesterday. Will try not to have to much wine tonight!

Today!!!8217;s plan:

B - fry up
    L - quiche and salad
    D - out to dinner. I!!!8217;ve had a look at the menu online and have decided to have:

Starter - carpaccio of pineapple and berries
    Main. - poached salmon, potatoes, peas
    Desert - St Clement!!!8217;s sorbet

This seems to be the most SW friendly food on the menu.

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Stoke wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your support. Indeed she wasn't, although you could have fooled me at the time. Haha, I don't know about fighting them off :D but humans are naturally very visual, so getting back to a healthier weight for that reason alone is something. Not just about the ladies either. I keep getting told I look younger, I've actually started getting ID'd again. Brilliant :D

Thanks very much :)
    I've not read many of the personal stories in the magazines, I'll have to look. I tend to buy them for the recipes more than anything. Some absolutely brilliant ideas in there though.

Thanks for the advice with regards to the loose skin. Very true, being Britain (and the North), it is permanently cold. Even when it's warm..... it's cold :D I have a few tubs of cocoa butter that I bought last year and never used and my ex left tonnes of the bio oil behind, so I figured I could try some of that before I throw it out. I'll keep an eye out for the massages. I didn't realise such a thing would actually help this issue.

Been and got some collagen:
    https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-hydrolysed-collagen-caplets-1000mg-60004596?skuid=004596

This? I assume it will do. I wasn't sure what to buy to be honest.

The north is definitely cold.... I've been walking in my coat!

Everyone needs to kiss a few frogs before the right one arrives... I kissed millions!!

The collagen is the one I take, thank god you got it on the penny sale!
    Hi everyone. Plodding on at target here. Weighed in this morning and +1LB.
    Not surprised or unhappy but I find myself at the top of range again so I need to knuckle down with the plan instead of drinking peroni in the sunshine.

It is fav you and maman have kept on target, but step away from the peroni (but OMG it is lovely!)
    maman wrote: »
    I know the feeling midge. I seem to spend too much time at the top of range too. :( It's not easy staying in that 6lbs window but we know it's worth it!:D

As you have the Bio Oil and coconut butter at home then I'd use it up Stoke. Very mse :money:and it'll be good for the condition of your skin too. If it helps the loose skin then that's a bonus. It's good to look after yourself:).

I don't know about high waisted trousers for men either. What I do know is that I much prefer a man in a good shirt, tee shirt or polo shirt in the summer rather than a vest or worse still bare chested with a tee shirt hanging from the waist band of joggers with pants on show!:rotfl:

When DS came home I thought he looked gorgeous, he had slim jeans with a belt, shirt and shoes. As younger ladies were looking at him, I think they also thought the same! He used to be rather rounded, but now runs several days a week, and can eat/drink like a horse without putting on weight. Sadly my joints are too :eek::eek::eek: for me to run.

Food today

Breakfast
    Porridge with water and raspberries.

Lunch
    Tomato
    2 rice cake
    Philli Salmon (could some one let me know how much is the HEX please).
    grapes

Tea
    pasta, loads of veg, quorn in tomato sauce.

and I will have fruit and yoghurt later! :rotfl::rotfl:

:D:D:D:D:D
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,668
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Stoke wrote: »
    I must admit, when I turned up first day, I expected it to be mostly women, but I quickly realised it was me, myself and I when it comes to representing males. We've had one lad come with his girlfriend since and while she continues to attend, he doesn't. Still, it's nice to actually buck that trend.

I think SW is definitely targeted towards women mostly, more so than males, but I think that is also partly down to a sort of macho 'male-pride' as well as just general marketing towards a target audience.

Stoke, if you are feeling alone and are on facebook you may find it worth while joining the 'Pinch of NOM' facebook group - it's for people trying to lose weight, mainly via Slimming world, by sharing recipes and motivating photos. There are quite a few men who are members and post on there. They also have a website with some good low-syn recipes on.
  • Sunshinemummy
    I am stuffed.

Bubbs where is the photo of your dinner?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Yes Bubbs, where are the pictures of your tea?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes Bubbs, where are the pictures of your tea?

Great minds think alike.... I think our bubbs is keeping Mr bubbs busy!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Great minds think alike.... I think our bubbs is keeping Mr bubbs busy!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sunshinemummy
    beanielou wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You know the saying 'do not come a knocking, when the caravan is a rocking'...... I suppose it is all body magic!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    You know the saying 'do not come a knocking, when the caravan is a rocking'...... I suppose it is all body magic!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Havent heard that one before:eek:
    :rotfl::rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure