Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    He's a very good boy most of the time Beanie but he's still young and could do with a bit of help.

Hope the sunshine reached your way too.

Fortune x

It did thanks :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ... there aint a cloud in sight.

What a beautiful day. As predicted, washing was hung out and weeds were pulled out.

I think I've weeded about half of the big bed now :T There are lots of shrubs and perennial plants coming up so we should have lots of colour by Summer. There isn't much colour at the moment though so I shall have to have a think about how to remedy that. A highlight today was finding a hen blackbird nesting in the climbing hydrangea by the kitchen door. I could see her peeking at me through the leaves :D

FDawg has been running about the fields all day - he just doesn't stop. I hope that means he'll sleep through the night but I worry about his weight. He's a skinny thing even though we're feeding him loads. He can't afford to burn up too many calories.

I'm hoping that all this dog walking and gardening will make me a skinny thing too :rotfl: My weeding stamina is definitely improving. And all the time I'm weeding, I'm not spending so I suppose it counts as money saving :rotfl:

Tonight's supper was Jamie's Courgette Carbonara Quick and easy after a day's hard graft.

Happy Sunday all

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    Options
    Your tea looks lush :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Your tea looks lush :drool:

It's a favourite recipe Beanie and I think it tasted better because we ate outside this evening.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds a delightful weekend...enjoy..I will be trying that recipe, thanks for the recommendation and yes to late suppers for wakeful dogs!!

X
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Sounds a delightful weekend...enjoy..I will be trying that recipe, thanks for the recommendation and yes to late suppers for wakeful dogs!!

X

A productive weekend Brizzle but it's getting a bit repetitive now. Oh for an ice cold G&T relaxing in a beer garden somewhere :D

Fortune x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your gardening sounds like its going really well, Fortune. And I'm sure you don't need to worry about FDawg running himself skinny - he's not going to self harm in that way, he'll just be skinny for a while. He's got you to look after him now :)

Have a wonderful day today :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Like you I've been weeding but I am useless with sunshine so I will do my next batch when the sun wanes. Happy gardening :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Your gardening sounds like its going really well, Fortune. And I'm sure you don't need to worry about FDawg running himself skinny - he's not going to self harm in that way, he'll just be skinny for a while. He's got you to look after him now :)

Have a wonderful day today :)

We're getting there with the garden Karma. FDawg finally gave in today and lay in the shade from time to time.
    Like you I've been weeding but I am useless with sunshine so I will do my next batch when the sun wanes. Happy gardening :)

The back of my neck is a bit pink today DIA but I think I've escaped any serious damage. Weeding continues although I've delayed pulling up some things just in case they are actually flowers :rotfl: I don't know the difference yet.

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    Options
    The back of my neck is pink too!
    Did a spot of weeding too & left some that I cant decide if they were flowers or weeds :think:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback