IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Wrong registration number entered on ticket machine

Comments

• I am interested to know how this case panned out, as I have received 2 tickets when my boy was taken into hospital and in the worry I didn't realise when using their app I had the wrong registration number entered.

So again I have paid for the correct amount of time on both occassions, so no loss incurred to anyone. But I just paid for a different reg.

Each ticket has now been raised to £149 I was just wondering if there was anything I can do to put an end to all this (obviously apart from paying it), rather than sitting and waiting to see how aggressive their next actions will be ?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Phil, this thread is several months old, it is unlikely that the OP will revisit this site so please start your own thread, help will then be forthcoming. But before doing so watch this video

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

MPs are legislating to close down these scammers, give them the ammunition they need, complain in robust terms to your MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Phil1976 wrote: »
    I am interested to know how this case panned out, as I have received 2 tickets when my boy was taken into hospital and in the worry I didn't realise when using their app I had the wrong registration number entered.

So again I have paid for the correct amount of time on both occassions, so no loss incurred to anyone. But I just paid for a different reg.

Each ticket has now been raised to £149 I was just wondering if there was anything I can do to put an end to all this (obviously apart from paying it), rather than sitting and waiting to see how aggressive their next actions will be ?
    This thread is one of thousands just like it!

Please read the NEWBIES thread (see my signature) and if your PPC is VCS or Excel (like on this thread) then you need to read post #2 to recognise the BW Legal bulls**t letters that will need a response.

No-one pays, until a court loss (and on this forum we helped fully-coached posters to win 99% of cases in 2017, with just TWO lost, no effect on credit rating as they then paid about £200 as ordered. Very rare for us to lose!).

Read the NEWBIES thread. Don't ask where it is, my signature below tells everyone!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fadeinout
    fadeinout Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    If you have already appealed then that's all you do. NO TRYING IAS, no paying them, no replying to other letters.

Come back if they try a small claim.

OK, the day has come! They have tried a small claim against me in the County Court. Ive read through the stickies but im a bit confused where i go now.

Any advice greatly appreciated
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    SO theyve sent a Claim form through?

You follow post 2, exactly, including all the links. That takes you through ACKNOWLEDGING the claim.Gives you 33 adys from date of issue to get your signed defecne to the court

What is the Issue Date?
  • fadeinout
    SO theyve sent a Claim form through?

You follow post 2, exactly, including all the links. That takes you through ACKNOWLEDGING the claim.Gives you 33 adys from date of issue to get your signed defecne to the court

What is the Issue Date?

Hi, yes the claim form came through this morning, issue date 24 April 2018

So, i go through MCOL and acknowledge the claim by start AOS?

Thanks for taking the time to offer me advice
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    fadeinout wrote: »
    So, i go through MCOL and acknowledge the claim by start AOS?

Yes, but read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread first - particularly Bargepole's walkthrough.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Read post 2 carefully. All of it.
  • fadeinout
    Thanks for the pointers. I’ve now acknowledged the claim and I will start constructing my defence and scour the forum for info

One question, will I need to go to court in person?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    If this does come to a hearing, you can choose not to attend, but not recommended!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure