Get organised for 2011

Comments

• dfw123
    dfw123 Posts: 55 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    Back to square one ...

OH crashed car, wrote it off, waiting to hear how much he getting, had to pay £50 for hire car deposit which he gets back on return of car.

Still don't know what's happening with xmas yet as meant to be going to parents but not looking likely

sorry to hear that hun, hope you OH is ok, and i hope 2011 brings you some good luck, try not to worry and enjoy your christmas as much as you can, its only here once a year! :)

i've done really badly this month but I'm putting the guilt in the back of my mind until xmas is over! and I will really put my all into paying off my debts in 2011... it will be a good yet frugal year! Hopefully some good luck will come my way too, this year has been the most rubbish year ever!
  • Hiya Everyone!

I've started my 2011 Diary organisation today :) Got a different colour 'Post it - page marker' for each debt on each day, so it's all colour coded and I can see when the next payment is easily :)

Just wondering now I have it all on paper has anyone got a good spreadsheet that they could send me to use as a template?

Would be so grateful! Ive got a large debt mountain to climb and I would love anything to make it less scary and confusing.

Please Help
    Total Debt as of 30/01/2011 : £5723.95
    Aim to be Debt Free By March 2012

• Hi Katie
    I think Martin's done one on the MSE site. Might be called a budget planner. Good luck.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Katie
    I think Martin's done one on the MSE site. Might be called a budget planner. Good luck.

Link to page - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/Budget-planning?dd

:)
  • forsya
    forsya Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello

Could someone please tell me a bit more about these 'diaries'? What do you record in them? Is it purely for bills and what you spend or just a general day to day diary?

I need to get organised! And like hearing of new ways to do so!
    Became debt free in 2007 after having £15k of debt. Have been a stranger to MSE and now want to get back into my old MSE habits and save, save, save
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My diary has all bills listed, amount due out and on what day. and whether it cash or dd or so
    My payday, OH payday
    When car tax and MOT due
    When new bills due (council tax, water rates etc)
    When my website hosting is due
  • Ive got in my diary:
    My pay day - Untabbed
    A coloured Post-it on the date for each of the bills
    When I can actually cancel my contract and things like that.

When I get my new account details for my bill account it'll have a post-it for the days i need to transfer money over.

Hopefully this will help :)
    Total Debt as of 30/01/2011 : £5723.95
    Aim to be Debt Free By March 2012

• Logie143
    Logie143 Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm getting organised now too- I've got £3k to pay off next year and I want it done, so:
    Made a spreadsheet with a budget, spend and DD list on it. I'm also going to keep coming on here as it will actually remind me to use it properly.
    Going to list all my DDs today too so that's all sorted for the new year.
    I would start now but I have naff all money and my next pay day is next week, so I shall begin in earnest then.

Oh and I'm going to try and keep my receipts.

Never do any of this, but it all needs to be done now I'm now a student :-(
    Wise man once say "When in hole, don't dig"
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    I need to follow your lead....Got no outstanding debt as off January. Finally paid it all off. Now all I have is my current balances, so would like to clear those. Also need to loose weight....meh.
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
  • donnap83
    donnap83 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Can someone give me a link to a SOA please? Can't bliddy find it!! And a budget planner if poss??
    :oGetting married 23rd June 2012!!:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport