August save on work lunches challenge

Options

Comments

• MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MRS_A wrote: »
    Well I stuck to my word and took cheese sandwiches every day except Monday.

I did almost have a wobble on Friday as I almost forgot to make them! I did think about buying from work then I thought no! I'm making my own from now on so I quickly made a couple of cheese rolls, I'm glad I did.
    Well done, once you put your mind to it it's not that hard, it'll soon be second nature! to you.

Though I would say that try and vary what you have in your sandwiches or you could take in something different one day, variety is the spice of life as they say!
    Nearly debt free
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,
    MrGreen could you sign me up please if its not too late to start!
    I'm going to aim for 14 days as I'm away for a week this month and I have been naughty twice so far :o
    Thanks
    Peaches x
    Hey it's never too late to start, I've added you to the list your challenger #20
    Nearly debt free
  • MRS_A_3
    MRS_A_3 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Mr Green, maybe I could have cheese and tomato next week lol.

I don't mind the same thing every day and I'm a vegetarian so ham etc is out of the question.

Anyway I know where I am with a nice bit of cheese :D
    DMP member no 390

Start date August 2010 - End date June 2019 (but working on it) Now down to September 2018 - now August 2017:j
  • danothy
    danothy Posts: 2,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrGreen wrote: »
    variety is the spice of life

Personally I think that spice is the variety of life ...
    MRS_A wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian so ham etc is out of the question.

I'm pretty sure ham doesn't actually count as food, so you're not missing much there IMO ;)
    If you think of it as 'us' verses 'them', then it's probably your side that are the villains.
  • MRS_A_3
    MRS_A_3 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys

Just a bit of a nosey post really as I was wondering what everyone else is having in their sandwiches tomorrow?

As ever it's cheese for me :D (cheesy grin).
    DMP member no 390

Start date August 2010 - End date June 2019 (but working on it) Now down to September 2018 - now August 2017:j
  • danothy
    danothy Posts: 2,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheese, cucumber and marmite ... gotta make sure the cheese sits between the marmite and the cucumber when you do them.
    If you think of it as 'us' verses 'them', then it's probably your side that are the villains.
  • missworks2jobs
    Options
    Chuck me in for August as well.

4 or less lunches bought this month (cos on the 1st I had to buy bread and a tin of soup on the way in). Have a sneaky feeling I may have to do a few more of those.

Today I have a salad brought from home, a bag of cherries (on offer from the greengrocers). I've also invested in a multi-pack of muller rice for work lunches.

So far my store cupboard at work consists of a box of weetabix, tub of hot chocolate, half a loaf of bread, a packet of go ahead biscuits, a tub of spreadable butter (in the works fridge not the cupboard). Going to add some packet soups and possibly some supernoodles - or pasta n sauce packets (the microwavable ones).
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I had homemade chicken pasta salad made with leftovers. It's yummy:j Still on track and haven't touched my back up stuff yet!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    On leftover lasagne today! Om nom.

I did buy lots of flat field mushrooms on offer so will need to eat those the rest of the week before they go off.
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • 415SanFran
    415SanFran Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    Peanut butter and marmite with lettuce, for us today.
    Nothing too elabarate, with a flapjack for afters. And a bottle of dandelion and burdock drink. My son made the lunches while I was hanging the washing on the line, So we did really well, I had visions of jam 2 inches thick!
    Nice to see the sun out again.
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills