My diary... becoming debt free whilst still having a life!!!

Comments

• Morning everyone,
    sorry haven't been around for a while, lots of stress here.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAS!!!

Have a lovely day.

:D:D:D:D:D:D :beer: :beer:
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • Happy Birthday Sistercas!!
    Debt - £10,000

Small changes..... Big Differences!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    thankyou everybody its so nice to be part of this thread as you are all so thoughtful:T :T

went shopping but it was so busy that i have come home as I didnt fancy having to shove my way through everywhere. I did buy a book though so I am going to settle down this aft and read
    hope everyone is ok xx
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm really sorry to not have updated on here for a while, I have been having a pretty awful time at work which has resulted in me applying for another job.
    Horrible time feels like it is over now and I am about to submit my application sometime over today or tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Apart from work the family are fine and money...... well it's pretty much the same.

I will try and find time to read previous posts over the next few days, YB hope your visitor of the small grey scurrying kind has now left.

Cas, I hope you had a really lovely birthday. What book are you reading?

Love to you all and I promise to post again more regularly.

xxxxx:A
    ;)
  • Ruby dont worry, sometimes life can take over and you've no time to email, read posts etc. We know you're still with us in spirit!!!
    Debt - £10,000

• hello, you all sound such a lovely and friendly group of people, can i come and join in on your chats?? have just spent ages reading your old posts when i should be doing the housewrok!! ohwell.
    Only joined MSE in the last week or so so im just at the start of my jorney! do want to try and get it sorted asap but also want to enjoy life a little so want to find a good mix between the two!
    Sounds like a few of you have kids to, i have two girls and no3 is on the way, due in march.
    Anyway hello and look forward to chatting and catching up, if you will have me that is.....
    x
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
  • Welcome Mummy2mygirls,
    Of course you can join, the more the merrier.
    Well done on having your LBM and good luck with your debt free journey.

x
    ;)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    hello peeps
    M2MG welcome :beer:

Ruby you sound like you are having a really tough time, sending you positive thoughts hope things sort themselves out.
    I am reading 'Birdsong' at the mo a book about WW1 its harrowing but there is a love story running through it, I recommend it although I am only half way through
    Hi to SH YB IC 1S
    have to wrap up DD1's presents today whilst she is at school
    off to Aldi and mr t today
    hope everyone is ok
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello all - been away with work part of this week so no access. Nice to see we have a new joiner. :j

We're okay altho I think I have been overspending a bit recently so I need to get that back under control... I don't think I am going to be able to pay off as much as I want to this next month but hopefully by Jan we will start to be back on track. I've already bought all my xmas pressies, I have grocery money on prepaid cards which should last until end Dec so petrol, cleaner and school dinners are about the only legit expenses left... so why do my bank statements never look like that:o

Oh well I have now signed up for e-banking on my cashback credit card (I use it for work expenses etc) so hopefully this month I will keep a tighter control on that...;)

Bye for now - have a great weekend!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Hi M2MG. You're very welcome to our wee support network!!
    Just take it all 1 step at a time!
    Debt - £10,000

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills