Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Is he still going to view the house tomorrow, and are there any others in the pipeline?

Hope you enjoy your holiday --try and put all worries aside and just relax and have a good time.

((((hugs)))) XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And yet again our lives run in parallel...
    Hope you get him out sooner rather than later. And enjoy your weekend away! :D
  • How infuriating EE. He sounds a little child-like, as though he thinks you are responsible for looking after him. Stay firm and don't give in to his wiles.

Enjoy your holiday:)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I had a fab weekend and it was just what I needed.

Unfortunately he did not view the flat as the estate agent did not come back to him (or that is what WS said). He allegedly had a viewing on Friday but says he cancelled it until Tues as his truck is broken and wont be fixed until end of next week so I am having to drive him to work (and DD to school)

I also mentioned a property I had seen up for rent and we have driven down the street today and WS likes the area so he will allegedly call up tomorrow about it.

This is all getting a bit tedious now - I think he is hoping I will change my mind but I wont.
    He told me today that if he gets on well with his life I will turn in to a bunny boiler and stalk him - I told him that if anyone stalks anyone it will be him with me. I told him that I would be really pleased if he does well.
    He then turned it around to what if he cant manage and he kills himself because life is so bad - I told him that it would be his decision and this whole situation has come about because of him and I wont accept any blame apart from it being my decision to end the marriage.

True to form he has done his usual 'I am an adult and I can do what I like' - he changed the password on his bank account (which I was going to tell him to do once I had reconciled YNAB) and now controls his own money so he has been spending.
    Obviously it is not my concern but if DD moves in with him then he needs money to live on and pay the bills.

Yesterday he also went and got a car on finance - apparently it will be affordable from September when he gets a pay rise!!!

I haven't yet given him the money from his step-dad and I wont until I know for sure he is leaving and also only for 6 months rent up front although WS wants it all anyway......

Things will come to a head by next weekend as DS finishes his exams and I feel we need to let him and DD know plus of course the wider world because at present only a few people know.
  • Glad you had a good time away. Sorry WS has continued to cause problems.

I think you have been very reserved in calling him WS, I probably would have opted for something much worse :o.

Hope telling the kids goes better than you expect Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Great to hear your weekend away was just what you needed! I think you definitely deserved it!

Keep strong EE. He will keep on with this emotional blackmail for as long as he can. But it just proves even more that you have been looking after three kids not two for all these years.

Have a good week and hope all goes well with your talk with DD and DS.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad you had a good time away. Sorry WS has continued to cause problems.

I think you have been very reserved in calling him WS, I probably would have opted for something much worse :o.

Hope telling the kids goes better than you expect Xx

Agree with this. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Be true to you EE.
    That's the most important thing.

Mind you I am yo-yoing with my chap. It's not t.
    But how many times can we forgot !
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You are doing fab. Keep at it, and leave him to his own mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure