PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh he doesn't want to take over Softstuff he just likes to critique!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Morning all! what a lovely day today too, not quite as warm as yesterday but comfortable and nice to have all the windows open, I love weather like this. I'm having a 'home day' today and blitzing the house in case we get any viewers, we're going to ask the EA to drop us a price band and see what happens, there are a couple of nice houses in our 'move to' area that would suit us nicely into getting older and I'd like a chance to get one of them so we need to sell. He Who Knows has gone to the allotment with loads of seedlings to plant out in case we're here for a while longer than anticipated or someone will inherit a full of produce plot and reap the benefits, either way is OK. Off again to DD1 tomorrow for a huge treat as on Thursday the Choral Society is performing at The Festival Hall with the Philharmonia Orchestra and she got me a Ticket and a place on the choir coach there and back. I am so excited and so proud. I'll be back sometime on Friday depending on trains (which is a contradiction in terms as I've found you just can't depend on trains these days can you?) and then if I'm lucky there will be a couple of weeks of normality and home life without any travelling involved, very nice too! Well, coffee cup is empty so I'll get back to my blitzing xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Creeps in and hides for a while .

I have two weeks posts to read :eek: . Have had a pretty well unusable left shoulder which isn't helpful when I'm 100% left handed . Today is the first painfree day so hoping to catch up .

Wishing your son all the best for his new adventure NM . If he's not allowed to hang coat hooks it's worth seeing if B&M have those really handy over the door racks which are brilliant for coats , dressing gowns etc as they have full size hooks along a wooden strip . They've proved useful here since I mentioned them when you were struggling for space .

Hope everyone has the sun , day four here which is pretty rare .
    I'll leave you all to chat over the fence . I'll be reclining in a garden lounger behind you catching up .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh he doesn't want to take over Softstuff he just likes to critique!!

I didn't say he wanted to Hester, just that he'd have to if he kept whining ;)
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone and thank you for all your kind messages yesterday. I have spent this morning cleaning like a mad thing only to find that DH probably isn't coming home today. No problems it's just that with the bank holiday they didn't have full teams on yesterday and they don't think they'll be able to take out his pacemaker wires this morning. As he has to stay in hospital for at least 6 hours after that it's looking increasingly likely like it's going to be tomorrow. Poor man can't wait to get home

The nurse mentioned almost in passing that he has to have someone with him all the time for the first 10 days after he comes home. I had assumed that after the first few days I would be able to pop out for 20 minutes to get milk etc but it looks like that won't be possible. So I did a huge stock up this morning and the freezers are bulging. (Not a month to do the grocery challenge!!) DD1 will pop in after work every day or so as it's not too far out of her way and I can get her to pick up salads etc as there's a M&S foodhall at Charing X
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Mary grab the opportunity of DD1 visiting to ask her to babysit while you escape for a little while, otherwise you'll be climbing the walls xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The power steering failed on my little red car today, on my way to work. Managed to grab my laptop and nurse it into our garage - just had a call from the garage...a new steering column is 3 x the cost of remove & repair by their autoelectrician so I think it's a no brainer to be working for nothing for the next 2 weeks!:( :o

At least there was no other traffic around so no impact as a result of it failing on a roundabout!:eek:
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodness Floss, that could have been nasty :eek: Glad you're ok but commiserations (sp?) re the expense :(

pollyanna I was wondering where you were - so sorry you haven't been having a fun time. Sending gentle hugs and I hope your shoulder continues to improve x

maryb I second what Floss said about asking your DD to babysit, or husbandsit! Once he feels well enough. could you hire a wheelchair and take him out for a change of scene? I must admit I couldn't do that with my OH, he'd be too heavy for me to push!

We bought a sourdough loaf at the craft show on Saturday and there's still lots left, so I decided to have poached eggs on toast for lunch. Not had that for ages, and the sourdough made lovely toast :)

Good luck with the house, Lyn, and I hope you eventually get just the right one, just where you need it to be :)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is a test post . After reading 19 pages of posts I made a long post in reply . Was logged in but got the log in request , logged in again - blocked ! I did a massive flounce and walked away .

I don't have the energy to read everything again so will try later with shorter posts .

maryb I read about your husband earlier from the start . So happy for you both that things seem to be going well . I echo Floss and ivyleaf take all the help you can . Being able to sort things today in the house and shopping wise is better for you . Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow .

Nargle Sending positive vibes and much hope for the biopsy results . Stay as positive as you can . All being well you will both be back in the lakes soon . The perfect place to rest and recharge .

Lucky escape there Floss , someone was watching over you . Money can be made up in time but your life is priceless .

Thanks for the hug ivyleaf , I hope all is well with you and yours .

Going to send this now , if it works I'll be back later . Raining here now and rather muggy but the last few days have been lovely .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We will be having words soon, there are things I can do competently with the boat but he is always convinced he knows best and will insist on redoing everything I've done.
    He will only get worse as he gets older so I need to nip it in the bud before I brain him. On Saturday he insisted on showing me how I should be hanging the washing out. How I didn't wrap the line round his neck I will never know.

Years ago my DH told me to shut up. I did for 3 days, not a word. I was starting to enjoy the quiet :D He apologised and has never told me to be quiet again.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback