DFW Running Club!!

pania
pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
Hi one and all!!

At the request of several members here on the DFW board, I have pleasure in starting the Debt Free Wannabe Running Club!The idea being that we all have goals we wish to reach, some being financial, others being weight loss, getting fit etc.

So heres the place to get the motivation to do it!!:j

Firstly, Let us know what your goal is, Ie running a half marathon, being able to run for half hour without stopping, doing 30 sit ups etc then we can share progress reports, any training hints and tips and generally get a kick up the proverbial to get off the sofa and go do it!!!:rotfl:
(goodness knows i need a boot right now so could be accused of being slightly self indulgent with the thread!:T )

If there are enough people we could even do an evening or a sunday run.

We all know Gyms are/can be Mega expensive so here's the cheaper option and you'll get loads of support from us all.

So who's in?!:beer:

Have fun
P
xx
debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
:heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:

Comments

• Rout
    Rout Posts: 33 Forumite
    I'll have some of that action, first ever Great North Run on September 30th, cost me £38 as well so have to make it worth my while by training lots so I enjoy it!
    LBM August 2005

Total Debt August 2005 = £37,497

Current Debt Nov 2007 = £15,168

:T :T
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My race for life is on the 26th June and so far I have done zero training so my first goal is to get my lazy a** up and train!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • blackangeluk
    blackangeluk Posts: 837 Forumite
    I'm in :j

[I'll have some of that action, first ever Great North Run on September 30th, cost me £38 as well so have to make it worth my while by training lots so I enjoy it!]

Me too!! Am very nervous about running so far but just done the Manchester Run in 55mins 58s and so I'm raring to go :rolleyes2

My ultimate aim is just to get into the Marathon, never mind run it, maybe this will be the year

:beer:
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    I'd like to offer my support. I can cheer from the (virtual) pavement as you go past?
    But running and me don't get on. I run in an embarrassing way, like the most embarrassing way a mum can do on parents day in junior school. :D
  • pania
    ok, rout I_A and Blackangel a fantastic start!! (oh and me)

My goal, London Marathon 2008 , did 2006 in 5hrs 22 want to go much faster!!
    (maybe a dfw marathon group!)
  • pania
    hey oliveoyl, have you send the episode of friends where phoebe and rachel go out running? I'm sure it can't be that bad!! ;-)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Great idea Pania. I shall join when I return from sea. Lenny PS Congrats on breaking the 30K mark. I hope to do that before the year is out.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    there is a well established thread on the i wanna board about running where you will find lots of encouragement and support. see HERE
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • pania
    thanks lenny, how long are you at sea for? And yes good luck on the 30k mark is a great feeling!!

Thanks for the helpful hint pavlov's dog i'm sure we can use that for some training ideas!
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd love to join but my fitness goal is for mountain biking, not running :(
    I couldn't run if my life depended on it so I take my hat off to those of you who are taking part and I'll be here for moral support in abundance :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure