PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Condor13 wrote: »
    Discharged in May 2010.only have 5 payments left and then I'm free.Just been reading the Bankruptcy forum and don't think I'm entitled to any refunds

Hi condor i don't know a lot about bankruptcy it's true but i would think you could reclaim but i'd certainly leave it until you've finished your payments then maybe leave it until a few months afterwards.
  • Thanks,Probably wait until this time next year
  • Condor13 wrote: »
    Hi

I was made Bankrupt in May 2009.I had sevral Personal loans and credit cards with PPI.Would I still be able to claim this money back or would they just take any money they owed me due to default.

Cheers

Thanks - without looking is the letter to the fos standard template? Do I mention that although "I qualified" and ticked the box I was unaware of what this actually entailed?
  • Hi Cappo thanks for the reply.

Ive read throught those pages and I'm a little confused at what to say, I have spoken to someone on here who just called HSBC customer services and raised the complaint there and then.... unsure wether to send off for my agreements and then write a letter of complaint or to just call them directly.....

My loans were a few years ago and i cant remember the reasons why I had PPI, all i know is that I dont think i would have requested them so im a bit stumped on how to quote my complaint if you understand what im saying lol?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    sassyone19 wrote: »
    i just spoke to cap one again over the phone and they cant provide me with any proof i ticked the box for ppi cant say im surpised

What a great start to this thread, CAPITAL ONE ????

Capital One sold fraudulent PPI's that would never pay out.
    It is not a surprise they cannot offer any proof, chances are one their commission salespersons did ?????

this is a bad bank, well they are not really a bank, more like a broker who markets credit cards with fraudulent insurance.

Fraud is theft from you so check the list and if you can answer NO to any of them, put in your claim for the full refund plus 8% interest

*Did YOUR BANK explain the full cost of the PPI when you took out the loan?
    *Did you specifically ask YOUR BANK for PPI?
    *Did YOUR BANK make clear that PPI was optional?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about your medical history?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about any existing payment cover?
    *Did you know that YOUR BANK added a PPI policy to your loan?
    *Do you think YOUR BANK treated you fairly?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you have any existing medical conditions?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you were entitled to sick pay from your employer?
    *Did YOUR BANK add the PPI without your permission

ITS THAT SIMPLE
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    pspiller wrote: »
    Evening all - I have had a response from capital one "following a complete investigation into your complaint we are confident that the policy was sold appropriately. During your Internet application you clearly indicated that you wanted to purchase the policy and from the information provided you were able to do so" beckon telephone conversation took place? But I had pretty much no idea what I was getting do I still stand a chance of getting this back?

YEH YEH YEH ..... Capital One trying to wriggle out of it again, this is such a terrible organisation, it beggars belief that the FSA allow them to operate in the UK ?

So they are confident are they??? use the check list below and if you answer NO to any of them, you have a valid claim so go get 'em

*Did YOUR BANK explain the full cost of the PPI when you took out the loan?
    *Did you specifically ask YOUR BANK for PPI?
    *Did YOUR BANK make clear that PPI was optional?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about your medical history?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about any existing payment cover?
    *Did you know that YOUR BANK added a PPI policy to your loan?
    *Do you think YOUR BANK treated you fairly?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you have any existing medical conditions?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you were entitled to sick pay from your employer?
    *Did YOUR BANK add the PPI without your permission
  • Hi all, hoping for advice on what to do next!
    Last July I submitted my claim to Citi cards (now OPUS) butI didn't receive a form to complete until October. I entered details of my NS&I account (National Savings) and, having not received my refund of £662.34 by mid-January, rang to chase, only to be told I could not use a savings account! I then gave them details of my Halifax account but yesterday had to sign for a letter which stated they have made 2 payments into my bank and I should return one!!
    I rang yesterday and an unhelpful person kept getting my reference and account numbers wrong but I hung on waiting to hear which bank they had used. She gave me a sort code but when I checked today on the internet, there is no bank with that sort code, and it was in fact, my reference number jumbled up!
    I rang last night to see who to complain to and a helpful guy said he would investigate then he rang back today. Apparently both payments have gone to the NS&I account - er hello? didn't they say a savings account could not be used?! One in October then another in January! Having checked yet again, no payments have gone into either NS&I or the Halifax accounts.
    They have told me that I have to submit bank statements to show I have not received the 2 payments - its as if they are accusing me of lying, and why should I have to defend myself over their TWO mistakes!
    Am I now within my rights to report them to the Financial Ombudsman and claim further interest and compensation over the way they have handled this, considering the numerous frustrating phone calls, plus send several letters, together with all the stress and inconvenience over their incompetence over the last 8 months?
    Rescued by MSE! Profile name out of date as, thankfully, with lots of help from this site, have cleared my debts! Many thanks to MSE and good luck to all !!:dance:
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi

I need some advice regarding a PPI claim against First National (now GE Money). Loan was taken out in 2002 to be paid off over a period of 240months. Loan paid off early in 2007. I sent the standard ppi claim letter to GE Money in January they have replied with a full and final response saying that as the loan was sold through a broker, the broker is responsible for mis sell. Unfortunately the Broker went into administration in 2010 so I contacted FSCS. The FSCS advised me that as the loan and ppi were sold pre 2005 they cannot help.

The insurance policy underwriter is Cardiff Pinnacle, should I try and claim them or write back to GE Money?

I was under the impression that the broker I used was acting as an agent for GE Money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[/FONT]
  • I have had a couple of loans and credit cards over the past few years, I can't remember who with but I believe a credit report will tell me. But then how do I find out if I has PPI on these loans. I think I did especially on one but am not certain.

Thanks
  • dilus
    dilus Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2012 at 12:10AM
    Thanks for all your help really appreciate it. It is a total minefield when you first start. I have found a company who are dealing with Norther Rock complaints so hopefully will get somewhere with them...

Dilus any chance of helping me out please ..... Would be a huge help many thanks

Gem

Sorry Gemster to keep you waiting, been out tonight but just got this. Have done a calculation for you and

You would get back ALL PPI paid + 8% standard interest and some banks pay back the APR but lots don't

PPI £1.396.50
    APR £ 491.56
    8% £ 223.44

TOTAL £2,111.50

You may have to knock the APR off this so between
    £1,619.94 and
    £2,111.50
    ;)

Please DON'T use a claims company otherwise you can kiss goodbye to at least 25% of this + tax and still have to pay HMRC their cut @ 20%. It's easy to do it yourself
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family