Vodafone broadband - good, bad?

Comments

• Ok, here's where it is now. 3 weeks in to line still not working for calls in or out. On Wednesday last 11 Sept, I made my 6th set of calls to get a BT engineer out (i.e. calls which led to the promise of a booking of BT call). As with the last (5th) attempt, this sounded solid. This weekend, I got another voicemail - rushed message rather difficult to hear, but informed that the visit will not be happening. And that was it. I hope (stupidly I guess) that they will follow up with a call to make another booking.

It just gets worse. Everyone is masterfully polite, but are able to deliver nothing. I will have spend 10 maybe, 20 hours these last few weeks trying to get my line repaired. Telephone calls, chat lines. A big fat zero for competence. How do they get away with it?

Enough, it's Sunday night and I don't want to let them ruin yet another day.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I know what you are going through.
    I can’t receive calls.
  • Tell me how you get on. I at least have a special phone number + 6 digit code to use, which gets me through to someone pretty well immediately. They call it 2nd level support!
  • AndyPK
    does that get you through to someone in the "engineering dept."?

How do you use your 6 digit code? and what number are you dialing in the first place?

It's a pain, I have to wait 30 mins in a que or for call back.
    Then I have to explain I logged a call x days ago. (It's doesn't come up on my account straight away!). Then I have to wait for them to talk to engineering. Which is where things kinda stop
  • AndyPK
    Spoke to them today.
    I think I translated it as.

We could fix this quickly for you but we want to understand why it has happened to prevent it happening again.
  • Hi guys.
    A new Vodafone Broadband customer here. Less than a week. Just switched from BT. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with BT but the cost was too high so I switched to Vodafone. To say that the internet speed has been abysmal would be an understatement. Called their support and waited over 2 hours and gave up and used the chat instead. The lady at the other end kept trying to say that it could be the wifi speed and I explained that this was the speed reported on the router itself so not wifi. Eventually she gave up and gave me 15% (which is what they offer if they don't give you the guaranteed minimum of 55mbps) because I was getting 49mbps. Since then the reported speed has gone up to 55 mysteriously but the actual achieved speed when I run a speedtest.net to a VF server is 5.26mbps using an ethernet cable. The upload speed is 10.12mbps so my upload speed is literally better.

What can I do? How can I leave them? I don't want to suffer this for 18 months.
  • AndyPK
    They will tell you it takes 10 days to settle. And they have a point.

Worth installing the app. As that shows the speed
  • I posted this on Trustpilot where I noticed they have an 85% bad rating: See https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vodafone.co.uk

I'll be short here (and not mention other troubles). Six times, I've been told BT openreach would come to fix my landline fault (broadband works but no calls). After my 3rd attempt, I got a call from another agent, saying that the 3rd attempt was made by someone who could not actually book a BT visit. He would make a booking (4th) as he had authority to make one. Sounded good, on the ball at least. But uv guessed, no BT man came. 5th attempt sounded even better. he was a uk-based agent so local (which for sone stupid reason makes u think it's a more sure fire thing, very thorough in all respects - given a BT reference number blah blah). Yep, no-one came (and all these people I asked to give me a call back after the BT appointment and none did). Yesterday, another call up by me (and waiting to answer times have been up to an hour or more), and I'm told the previous agent f..ked up so there was no BT man booked. So this agent has made a booking for Monday 16 September 2019 (promised he'll call to see). I believe it each time. Believe me, I know how to complain, but they've come close to defeating me. Their level of incompetence in my experience is second to none by a million light years.
    They must know it. They must be so understaffed. To keep us distanced from them, they give out to a restricted number of us who they deem worthy, a special number, that requires a 6 digit PIN code to get to speak to a living breathing agent. But boy do you have to work hard to get this so called "higher level" or "second level" tech support.
    And that one song they play that u have to hear each time for ages is burned into my brain.
    =============
    Vodafone posted a reply:
    Hi Laurence,
    If there's anything you need us to chase up for you, please send us your details on Twitter @VodafoneUK or on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneUK
    Thanks,
    Chazz
    Vodafone Social Media
    =============
    Well,nobody offering any direct help. I don't want to go on Twitter and FB. I just want V to improve their act!
  • AndyPK
    They got mine working yesterday.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    thecrater wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    A new Vodafone Broadband customer here. Less than a week. Just switched from BT. Had absolutely no issues whatsoever with BT but the cost was too high so I switched to Vodafone. To say that the internet speed has been abysmal would be an understatement. Called their support and waited over 2 hours and gave up and used the chat instead. The lady at the other end kept trying to say that it could be the wifi speed and I explained that this was the speed reported on the router itself so not wifi. Eventually she gave up and gave me 15% (which is what they offer if they don't give you the guaranteed minimum of 55mbps) because I was getting 49mbps. Since then the reported speed has gone up to 55 mysteriously but the actual achieved speed when I run a speedtest.net to a VF server is 5.26mbps using an ethernet cable. The upload speed is 10.12mbps so my upload speed is literally better.

What can I do? How can I leave them? I don't want to suffer this for 18 months.

Check the contact which they should have posted to you. You have 30 days to cancel.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport