Superescapes???

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me.

Me and my partner have just rung a number tonight from icelolly.com and have been put through to a call centre in Luton. Tried booking a holiday to Disney land Paris for us and our 13 kids and instead got through a call centre calling itself superescapes.co.uk

No end of problems with these guys.

For starters they took £500 from my partner's credit card, from which her provider only let them take £300.

They then said unless I have them another £200 they wouldn't send me a confirmation email of the booking. I then said unless you send me an email I will give her the £300 in cash and they can forget the entire holiday.

Since then we've called the police and logged a complaint. They've said you have a 24 hour cooling off period for any holiday booking, including flights and this includes all deposits

Also their website says they are ATOL protected which I believe covers deposits.

My partner has also rung her bank and her credit card provider are trying to block or reverse the transaction.

Is there anything else we can do?

Regards

Big P

Comments

• Duckyduck
    Duckyduck Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What’s the problem you are looking to resolve exactly?

It’s normal to pay a desposit when booking a holiday through an agent. The deposit on your holiday was £500, but your partner only had £300 available credit, and so you still owe £200 for the deposit. Is that correct?

On what grounds did you call the police?

Generally it’s often cheaper to book your own transport and accommodation and bypass agents all together, especially ones you’ve never heard of as there’s a lot of shoddy ones around.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Me and my partner have just rung a number tonight from icelolly.com and have been put through to a call centre in Luton. Tried booking a holiday to Disney land Paris for us and our 13 kids and instead got through a call centre calling itself superescapes.co.uk

Of course you did!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    TheShape wrote: »
    Of course you did!
    It's probably a typo and meant to be 3 kids.
    For starters they took £500 from my partner's credit card, from which her provider only let them take £300.

They then said unless I have them another £200 they wouldn't send me a confirmation email of the booking. I then said unless you send me an email I will give her the £300 in cash and they can forget the entire holiday.
    Did they tell you how much the deposit was going to be?
    If they said £500, as Duckyduck says - you have not paid the full deposit and I can understand why they are saying you need to pay them another £200 before they will send you booking confirmation.
    Why on earth would you want to throw £300 away?
    Since then we've called the police and logged a complaint. They've said you have a 24 hour cooling off period for any holiday booking, including flights and this includes all deposits

Also their website says they are ATOL protected which I believe covers deposits.

My partner has also rung her bank and her credit card provider are trying to block or reverse the transaction.

Is there anything else we can do?

Regards

Big P
    Re the bit in bold - the police are wrong.
    There is no cooling off period for holidays or flights.

ABTA say so here:
    https://www.abta.com/help-and-complaints/frequently-asked-questions/I-want-to-cancel-my-recent-booking-is-there-a-cooling-off-period
    I want to cancel my recent booking. Is there a cooling off period?

No, there isn't a cooling off period. This is because the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) don’t apply with regards to package travel holidays and other holiday bookings.
    I can't find anything similar on flights.
    I know BA give you 24 hours but even if you are flying with BA, you are not a BA customer.
    You are a superescapes customer and subject to their T&Cs, not BAs or any other airline.

I can't believe you rang the police in the first place.

I think you will find that your partner's bank or cc provider may not succeed in blocking or reversing the transaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure