Claim guys reclaiming Ppi

18910111214»

Comments

• Just to confirm the previous comment about applying for PPI whilst living abroad. I am a UK Citizen currently residing in the Republic of Ireland and I have had two successful PPI claims. I made a claim direct on the banks websites.
  • i have 2 letters of authority from the claims guys now asking for details of employment etc, and my reason for claim. This seems like the go ahead for them to start making claims. im not sure what to do really, maybe tick 'can't rememeber' for most of the sections.

If i was to walk away at this point would they be hassling me for money? as no claim has actually been attempted. Thanks in advance:money:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you've signed contracts with them, you're stuck with them.
  • suzi84
    suzi84 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi All,

Never posted before but in a bit of a dilemma....
    I foolishly agreed to the claims guys handling my case (yes I know I could easily have done it myself)
    After signing what felt like never ending sheets, they finally replied that they have located two PPI accounts. Again, signed many forms. One was with Egg who were sending me copies (I assume) of their replies. They sent a final letter saying they were declining my claim but I could write to the FOS. I did this immediately online myself as I was so annoyed (I had no idea the PPI existed).
    The Claims Guys have since contacted me to do the same thing but through their never ending forms.
    Point of this is.... If I've already done it online myself and the FOS give me the money etc, do I have to inform the claims guys and give them a % or will they be told anyway?
    Hope this makes sense!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    suzi84 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Never posted before but in a bit of a dilemma....
    I foolishly agreed to the claims guys handling my case (yes I know I could easily have done it myself)
    After signing what felt like never ending sheets, they finally replied that they have located two PPI accounts. Again, signed many forms. One was with Egg who were sending me copies (I assume) of their replies. They sent a final letter saying they were declining my claim but I could write to the FOS. I did this immediately online myself as I was so annoyed (I had no idea the PPI existed).
    The Claims Guys have since contacted me to do the same thing but through their never ending forms.
    Point of this is.... If I've already done it online myself and the FOS give me the money etc, do I have to inform the claims guys and give them a % or will they be told anyway?
    Hope this makes sense!

They have done what you paid them to do (i.e. post a letter) so FOS is referral is irrelevant, they will be entitled to a cut of nay refund though if Canada Square/Barclays have rejected it I wouldn't expect a refund from FOS as it'll probably be something you chose online so if you get lucky then that's a bonus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure