Warm home discount

gordym
gordym Posts: 9 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 20 October 2018 at 3:19PM in Energy
how do people that pay the electric/gas to a third party (Landlord} claim the warm discount? I live in a assited living complex and we get our energy from our landlord who get it from SSE, we are then charged for what we use, I have been told that because we are not the account holder we have NO WAY of claiming our £140 that the Government letter has told me I AM entitled to as I am in receipt of Pension Credit Gauranteed. Has any one any Knowledge of a way round this !PLEASE!?

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Welcome to the forum.

You need to have the energy bills in your name.

Do you have separate meters?
  • gordym
    Yes I fully understand,as I said the account is not in my name but that of our housing association that are our landlord. We have our meters but that information from them is sent to the landlord who in turn bill us for the two energies used. My point is that we pay but are not allowed our rightful Warm Home Discount.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    gordym wrote: »
    Yes I fully understand,as I said the account is not in my name but that of our housing association that are our landlord. We have our meters but that information from them is sent to the landlord who in turn bill us for the two energies used. My point is that we pay but are not allowed our rightful Warm Home Discount.

As Cardew has already said, the issue here is that you do not have an energy account in your own right. I would have thought that this was something that you and any other affected tenants need to take up with your Housing Association. If you get no satisfaction from the Housing Assiciation, then I would suggest that you complain to your MP.
  • gordym
    Thank you, and thank you Cardew for your welcome. I have along with others asked the housing association for assistance,but I fear we will not get far. I was hoping through this forum that others may have had a similar experience. Regards and thanks again. Gordon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure