£29,303...Enough is enough!

Comments

• WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have read your diary and you have made a good start again . One thing though you don't have a lot of luck with cars though , after reading your previous threads .

Hope DC3 settles down for you tonight.

It's DH who doesn't have luck with cars, I tend to buy practical ones. He was a boy racer when I met him and hasn't really grown up. He doesn't think with his head when it comes to buying cars, and it has cost us :mad:
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Goodness me! My diary! I've opted to forget about that. It was a great time for debt busting as my hubby was mainly on deployment so I was in control of all the money. I stopped doing it as I had to change phones and it wouldn't load mse site at all. Drove me bananas. I got another new phone and came back to cheer on everybody I'd missed.
    Currently I'm well which is great - back to back pregnancy with breastfeeding all the way between (convincing my body it was pregnant for 4 years) does wonders for endo. And yes I love all my grey walls :) annoyingly I'm awful at painting so I have to wait for hubby to do it though.
    I haven't restarted a diary as I haven't been doing well with money. I've been running on a deficit the last year due to managing eldest starting school around my hours - no one local to help me. But things are set to improve next month onwards :)

Really hoping you hear back from your credit card claim soon xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Lonire
    Lonire Posts: 64 Forumite
    Good luck on your journey! Hope the claim goes well.
  • WelshKitty85
    Thanks guys.

Kitten maybe you should start a new diary next month then? :p
  • WelshKitty85
    It's August and we have the heating on! :eek:

In our defence, we had a new radiator installed in June and we haven't turned the heating on since as it's just been too hot, so the system needed checking. But we left it on for an hour to take the chill off as the house is so cold. It doesn't help that the house next door is empty.
  • WelshKitty85
    edited 29 August 2018 at 7:41AM
    It's been a quiet few days here. Not much to report in terms of debt busting, but thankfully not many spends either - just £3.95 on a coat for DC3 now the weather is turning.

Today will be a bit busier. There's a free funday going on locally, so will wander down with the children if the rain stops. Also need to bake DHs birthday cake ready for tomorrow and stop at the sweet shop to get some of his favourite pint pots.

Not long until I return to work so I've been doing a bit of batch cooking in preparation. There's 2 chicken pies in the freezer now and hoping to add a lasagne this week too. Determined not to resort to take aways after a busy day at work!

ETA: DC3 seems to be back in a routine now, thankfully, and is sleeping through til 6 again :T
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, got to avoid the impulsive take away purchase here too.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • WelshKitty85
    pidge04 wrote: »
    Yes, got to avoid the impulsive take away purchase here too.

Have you tried the takeaway secrets books? I make a huge batch of the chicken tikka masala and freeze it in foil trays. DH prefers it to our local Indian restaurant. The naan bread recipe is pretty good too.

We ended up eating one of the pies I'd frozen tonight, but at least it stopped a takeaway or supermarket trip. Really hoping to fill up the freezer again before I go back to work.
  • WelshKitty85
    The weather cleared up beautifully this afternoon so we spent a good few hours at the fun day. Everything was free, even refreshments. DC1 & 2 had a great time sumo wrestling and DC3 had his first go on a bouncy castle. Meanwhile I enjoyed a free cup of tea in the sunshine.

We wandered through the community orchard on the way home and picked a cup full of blackberries. There's loads of eating apples ready to be picked too, but they were too high for us to reach even with DC2 on DC1s shoulders :rotfl: . I'll have to be more organised next time and take a bigger container for blackberries and think of something to help reach the apples. It's a shame how many people don't know about it, there's so much fruit that goes to waste there.

BC have increased my credit limit so I've been able to transfer the majority of my M&S card balance over (at 0%) and made a payment. There's a small balance left on the M&S card now, but just the equivalent to this months groceries and petrol. I'm going to continue to use the card for this and pay it off in full each month to earn vouchers, so won't count this card as a debt.

My totals are now looking like this:

Unsecured Debts
    Description....................Debt......Monthly.. .APR
    Barclaycard....................9019.57......188... ... .0
    RateSetter ....................4262.51......87.64.....7.4
    Hitachi..........................10,797.46.....226 .5.. .. .3.4
    MBNA...........................3831......70....... .0

Total £27,910.54
  • Hi welshkitty, things are looking great! Well done on your debt busting so far. Your community orchard sounds absolutely amazing, a fun day out with the kids as well as mse!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure