The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,609
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Indeed :j It makes me rather cheerful to think that fellow MSEers could be standing next to me in the co op :j

(I meant aisle earlier of course - although an island entirely devoted to frozen pizza may be no bad thing :D :rotfl: )
  • Good Morning :hello:

mmmm, islands of pizza..... mmmmmm Wm. Wonka Esq, never thought that one up....... mmmmmm :D

Tea this evening should be HM pizza and wedges of some description :D The pizza will most likely be black olive.

I've dried washing to put away and bits and pieces to sort out for the chazza. I bought some of the baby wipes from mrL yesterday - they only sell them on xxl deal weeks (they used to be their 'standard' wipes) - and they need to be put away, as BG loves getting the packets out and playing 'supermarket shelf stacker' :D

We will definitely need a breath of fresh air, and I've a letter to post, so we'll combine the two hopefully.

We caught up with the last episode of 'cuckoo's nest'. I did guess correctly 'whodunnit' - which is actually rare for me! But it was an interesting - if inconsistent - watch. I see they've clearly adapted another of the books, as there was teaser trailer at the end, wasn't there?

Right, best shift-a-tail-feather and get snap prepped.

Ta for popping by and joining in the convo. Appreciated :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,300/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend March £247.85/215  Charity Blankets completed 1/24
    Grocery spend April £7.39/215
    Non-food household spend April £12.94
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Lovely post about kindness and friendship. Thanks GP.

Pizza sounds good. I bought some YS ones today and popped in the freezer for a rush meal one day next week. Its tuna pasta bake today with green salad. Crowd pleaser for the teenagers...and I can make it whilst listening to PM on R4 :D The joy of small things...
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T

Well, isn't time flying?

Brizzle - I am quite sure if I had access to half price, good quality pizza, I would be stuffing them in my freezer too :D

Tea last night did end up being black olive pizza (hm) with hm wedges. There was enough pizza to fill us, and there are 2 slices each for another day in the freezer. 300g of flour, to make the dough base is proving to be just the right amount :D I got the tatties from HB, 59p for 2kg. Still an expensive way of buying them, in a way. But the wedges are nicer (i think) than the bought ones. Bought ones are OK for 'emergency' meals - and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a bag if needs be. But I prefer starting out with the raw ingredients and adding (or not) any seasoning I see fit.

Having said ^, I did buy a boxed of frozen fish filets and a bag of oven chips yesterday for our 'easy' tea, should we need it this week. So, as you can see, I am a raving hypocrite :o

Tea this evening will definitely be curry plate and it will definitely feature runner beans. i have been gifted 2 lots this week, and it is important to me to honour those gifts by using up the produce wisely. I appreciate such generosity, and want to make sure that the food is not wasted.

I didn't get around to posting my letter yesterday, but we did get out and about for a breath of fresh air. I will try and get to the PO today.

I did sort out the washing and did set aside bits for the chazzer - good things that BG is growing out of, but not wearing out :( I hope they will be useful to someone else.

Right, DH needs to be gone spit, spot, early doors this morn. So I had better shove off. I've done snap prep, but could squeak in a bit of letter/post prep before needing to look after BG - who is currently in safe hands with Daddy - I can hear the giggles :D

Ta for popping in. Greatly appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,665
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite

300g of flour, to make the dough base is proving to be just the right amount :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Indeed!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Indeed!

:rotfl::rotfl: - Ooof, you're quick! No sneaking things past you this morn, apple :D:T

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,665
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm like greased lightning, me!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!

A quick post from me, as I'm already running behind, and the day's not started yet! :(:o:D

Tea last night was Runner Bean Rogan Josh with lentil dhal and steamed basmati. I'll freely admit that some of the runner beans were a leeetle bit on the tough side...... but we ate them up. All I did for the curry was to make up a batch of JaymeeO's Rogan Josh Paste (scroll down to the third set of ingredients on the list), and then put some onion, garlic, ginger paste in a pan, cooked that in some oil - added some of the paste and a tin of tomatoes, and 4 green cardamon pods and let it cook out. The tomatoes needed a spot of sugar, then I added the beans (thinly sliced) and let them cook until they were as tender as they were gonna get :o I then added in some lemon juice and removed the 4 cardamon pods. What is missing from the pic is a dollop of yoghurt, which you serve with rogan josh - i'm afraid I forgot for the pic, but did remember to add, just before we ate - it was nice and completed the curry. There is onion paste and rogan josh paste left over for another curry - they have been put in the freezer. We have one full portion of runner beans left to use. Picture here;

36300588634_4ce2503ebc_z.jpg

Tea this evening may well be fish, chips and mushy peas, but I'm not sure what we're doing this arvo, so that may change.

Right, mustache. Things to do, folk to see.

Ta for popping by. Appreciated. Greatly. Always.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
  • Good Afternoon :hello:

Gosh, today is whizzing, but it's going well, so no complaints from me :D

We're not doing anything 'interesting' this arvo :( But we had some nice family time this morning, so again, no complaints.

We went round and about to see how far it was, and I ended up in a lil' m&$. A couple of YS's caught my eye, I got 335g of cherry tommies for 65p - OK, so that is more expensive than mrL, but they are produce of the Isle of Wight, and I'm hopeful that Brian Moralee Esq, knows how to grow a tasty tommie......... Dunna let me down Bri....... :D;) And I bought 500g of plums for 90p - which is double the price of the mrAl S6 current offer, but, again, they are British - produce of Kent - and whilst some mse'rs are reporting british plums in the S6, in our local mrAl, it was the ubiquitous purple snooker spherical objects, presumably not from the UK. I'm hopeful that Charlie Gaskain has well bred 'Marjories' that taste scrumptious :D Although interestingly, underneath the boxes and boxes and boxes of YS'd british 'Marjories', in m&$, there were some really big purple round plums (not YS'd). I assumed they would be imported, but no, they were produce of Kent too - something like 'Hargent' ? variety ?

Also, I've managed to do some personal admin, the meal-plan for the week and written a 'personal' (to a chum - rather than 'admin') email , have eaten lunch and done some washing. Nothing earth shattering, but little by little the chores get ticked off. Mind, when does the washing ever end? :rotfl:

Can't think of owt else MS, so best go and do something useful. DH is kindly cleaning the bathroom. BG is napping. Only fair I tidy up the living room.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Tea last night defaulted to 'easy' and was fish, chips and mushy peas. I appreciate it's convenience, and now that we have 'proper' tatties on a Friday night, it isn't so 'samey' iyswim. I made a crumble with the YS'd plums. They went from being a purpley/green colour, to the most delicious neonesque pink on being cooked :D DH embraced 'new man-ness' and 'embraced his gob' around such pinkness... and declared it, 'delish' :rotfl: They did taste nice - you knew you were eating plum :D We had the last scrapings of the iced-cream with it. Unless I have no choice, I think I'll avoid buying that product from mrL in future, there is little joy in eating it :(

muddywhitechicken was talking about flavourings and the colour of Ungava gin on her thread. I do think it so amazing the flavourings and colours that things from the natural world impart - especially when they change on being heated, or dried, or steeped etc. We are catching up with a 3 part series that I think was broadcast last year - I think it's a BBC thing, about the 'Wild West' (of America). The plant and animal life is fascinating. I didn't know that there was such a thing as aa 'acorn woodpecker', that stores acorns in the bark of the tree for winter food. And the meadows of the high mountains - it was like a scene out of 'lark rise to candleford' - so many flowers and interesting grasses. The meat from the cattle that graze on that pasture in the summer months, must, by default taste amazing (they drink meltwater from the snow on the high peaks too). Added to which, they drive the cattle up, to and from the pasture over a 3 day period - imagine the workout the muscles are getting.

I'm going to attempt to make something 'interesting' for tea. Probably fool-hardy on a 'school' night. So if we end up with beans on toast, you know things went wrong........

There is dried washing to put away again - and not so dry, sulky washing to coax into vaguely dryness....... :(

May achieve a nsd today, but will definitely be going out to get a breath of fresh air. I should take a library book back really, it's due tomorrow. I'll aim to do that :D

Right, best shuffle orf and greet the day. At least I'm showered and dressed and have had a coffee. All is well in my world :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business