My 5 year plan

Options

Comments

• fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Well the weekend was pretty quiet, lost another 3lbs at SW and achieved Club 10 award!

Went out for a bite to eat yesterday afternoon and instantly regretted it! Had the healthiest option available (fajitas) but they weren't great and definitely not on plan. Back on plan this morning though!

I've got 7.5 days holiday left this year, we were planning to try and get away before Xmas but we've got too much going on so I think we're just going to go away for a week in January. Not had a proper holiday since last year so it's long overdue. So I think I'll take every Friday off on the run up to Xmas and that'll make the weeks feel shorter!

I don't like this time of year coming up when the clocks go back, the days are short and we're heading into winter. It's just those 7 or 8 weeks leading up to the shortest day that get me. Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Happy Monday :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :T

Hope the house completion goes through soon, how frustrating!

I'm with you on the shorter days. It's so depressing. I find January harder though, it's usually the coldest and seems a long time until Spring. Now we've got the build up to Christmas which I enjoy.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • fatrab
    Options
    Well another Friday has arrived and Mrs fatrab's house sale still hasn't gone through. Now it's a hold up with the buyer's mortgage provider apparently but we're at the stage where we don't believe a word that either lawyer or the estate agent is telling us.

The lawyer acting on our behalf (as recommended by the estate agent) has the communication skills of a dead fish.

This is just dragging on far too long now, the initial agreed date was 5th October !!!!!!!!!

Heading into the weekend an unhappy bunny...... :(

• Silver_Queen
    Options
    To be fair, it's not your solicitor's fault if the buyer's mortgage isn't in place...
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • fatrab
    Options
    To be fair, it's not your solicitor's fault if the buyer's mortgage isn't in place...
    The stories we're hearing from the lawyer and the estate agent are different, the lawyer isn't communicating effectively with us or the estate agent and the people who are buying it are desperate to move in. They're not in a chain and neither are we. Someone somewhere is being inefficient and I suspect it's our lawyer who are just making excuses.

Fingers crossed for next week

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    How annoying! Hopefully it's rectified quickly
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope it gets sorted soon!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    The lawyer acting on our behalf (as recommended by the estate agent)

:(

I made that mistake once too. It makes you wonder who they are actually working for doesn't it? It very often feels like it isn't you.
  • fatrab
    edited 22 October 2018 at 7:45AM
    Options
    badmemory wrote: »
    I made that mistake once too. It makes you wonder who they are actually working for doesn't it? It very often feels like it isn't you.
    Very much so. We had a conversation at the weekend about sacking them and using the lawyer that we used 5 years ago (who were great) but as things are almost complete we don't want to rock the boat. But we will be very publically reviewing them and will never use them, or that estate agent, again.

Lost another 1.5lbs this weekend at SW which is ok but not as much as I'd hoped for. Had a nice quiet weekend and went a few long walks so hopefully do better this week in the weight loss department.

It's going to be an expensive month coming up. My car needs a full exhaust (complete system including cats) and a few other little bits of work so I think I'm looking at around £1000 worth of work but that should see the car fit for another 2-3 years. Will also be fitting winter tyres to Mrs' fatrabs car at end of Nov so that'll be another £360 we need to fork out. But these are expenses that we have planned for.

3 sleeps til payday and then hopefully this bloody house sale will go through on Friday. Lets see what else this week throws at us! :)

• fatrab
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! This is my 1000th post!

Jeezo, I must have dribbled some amount of nonsense over the past year!! :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport