TSB complaint. Compensation offered.

Options

Comments

• swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 864 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    It does appear as faster payment.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    winifer569 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a payment appear in my tsb account today it just says "faster payment" as the description and nothing about who it was from.. Is that how all of yours appeared? as i have no idea who it could be from if it isn't tsb compensation.

I've never actually received a call so don't know the amount (if anything) i was getting..

Any help appreciated, i could just phone and ask but i'd probably be on hold for ages!
    You should - at some point - get a 'final' letter confirming what they have done to resolve your complaint and giving you information about going to the ombudsman if you remain unhappy.

I got the letter, but never had a phone call.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have two TSB accounts for the interest rates, one wasn't visible for around 3 months on my online banking. Not really a major issue but registered an issue with them in April/May and heard nothing since, account eventually reappeared.

Letter yesterday saying I am due 150 quid compensation and expenses. Check and the money has already been paid.
  • bronzebomber
    Options
    gazapc wrote: »
    Have two TSB accounts for the interest rates, one wasn't visible for around 3 months on my online banking. Not really a major issue but registered an issue with them in April/May and heard nothing since, account eventually reappeared.

Letter yesterday saying I am due 150 quid compensation and expenses. Check and the money has already been paid.
    was yours paid out in 2 separate transactions £100 and £50 , I've got 2 payments in my tsb this morning that just say faster payment. I've not had a letter or anything and not expecting any payments into my bank.
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Two faster payments for me too, totalling £150.

Complained at end of July '18 and had three "sorry for the delay letters" but not had a letter about the £150 yet.
  • Dragonfly1
    Options
    My £150 has also appeared in my account yesterday (19th October) under 'Faster Payment' - no letter yet received since the July holding letter - only the phone calls as detailed earlier in this thread :) Came as a single £150.
  • gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    was yours paid out in 2 separate transactions £100 and £50 , I've got 2 payments in my tsb this morning that just say faster payment. I've not had a letter or anything and not expecting any payments into my bank.

2 seperate payments
  • RedRuby_2
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about my complaints since I got a letter saying they had received my complaints and I could go to the ombudsman. I've got both a current account and cred card which I use regularly and I've heard nothing and haven't gotten any compensation. Pretty sure I'm not even receiving my £5 reward on my credit card account. It seems strange to me. I filed two complaints and have received nothing.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 October 2018 at 5:41PM
    Options
    Well no contact at all from TSB but £75 suddenly arrived in one of my accounts yesterday.

I had exactly the same. Money appeared in my account with zero info on it. A week later the letter was sent telling me they'd given me compensation for the issues I'd had.

Even the compensation was incompetent and I'm sure generated more calls to their contact centre with unknown payments queried.
    winifer569 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a payment appear in my tsb account today it just says "faster payment" as the description and nothing about who it was from.. Is that how all of yours appeared? as i have no idea who it could be from if it isn't tsb compensation.

I've never actually received a call so don't know the amount (if anything) i was getting..

Any help appreciated, i could just phone and ask but i'd probably be on hold for ages!

Yes that was exactly how it appeared. In fact mine was 2 separate credits. Turns out from the letter that one was compensation for the error and one for mileage/time. Quite why it was done as 2 items I'm not sure
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • gash
    gash Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I just had two payments in my account that I noticed last night, £50 and £225. I thought someone had transferred it to me by accident. Spoke to TSB this morning and the £275 is my compensation for the issues from April. I received no letter or phone call. Very happy with the money, but still amazed they haven't actually notified me and forced yet another call into their call centre. Happy days though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure