Miss sold vodafone broadband

Options
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has heard of a similar situation and how it was resolved, any help or advice would be great . So long storey short, basically i've been a vodafone mobile customer for 9 years. Out of the blue in august i get a phone call from them saying that i've got this deal for existing customers which is far better than what BT were offering me. Problem was i had just started a new broadband deal with BT in May. I told them i was not interested on that basis. Next thing the operator said that vodafone will cover any termination costs and everything will be free apart from the monthly fee. So i signed up to vodafone broadband. Fast forward to last friday i received an email from BT saying that i owned them £381 for breaking our contract but it was more of a courtesy email as the money had already been took.
So i rang vodafone explained what happened and although very helpful they say i've to wait 14days before they can listen to what exactly was said and how to proceed. They told me to ring BT to see what their side of the storey was. ( i'm postive they mentioned the the termination because £381 up front to save £20 a month is not a good deal)
I then rang BT hoping that there would be an easy explaination but they didnt know anything about it other than the swap over of broadband service. I tried going back with them aswel to my oringinal deal but the contract was settled. (Hopefully that all makes sense)
So now i'm waiting on vodafone getting back to me and hoping they will see the situation in my favour.
So basically my question is has anyone had a similar experience with them, what should i say and what was the outcome. Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems unlikely that Vodafone would have offered to pay the early termination. BT certainly wouldn't have any knowledge of this offer if it was made.

You're reliant on any goodwill from Vodafone, or the outside chance the call was recorded.
  • MushinJJ
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, fortunately the call was recorded and i've asked for printed copies aswel. Personally i doubt i'm going to see the money again but just feel so angry i was told lies so i would purchase the product. Has anyone any dealings with the ombundsman? Are they good to work with?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wait to see what the call said. If you were promised that VF would cover any cancellation fees and they still refuse to do so, then, by all means, escalate it to the ADR (ombudsman). If you misunderstood the call and this wasn't promised, then the ADR is unlikely to be of help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure