New Nat West switch incentive

Unfortunately not available to those who already received a payment from them between October 2017 and May 2018, just in case no one has noticed this.

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    100 pages, 2000 posts thread alert...
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    noh wrote: »
    Shortcut direct to the Ts & Cs (for ease of access and for future reference when they're no longer linked from the above page after the offer is withdrawn): https://beta.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest/personal/current-accounts/documents/nw-switching-offer-terms-may18.pdf
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Thanks for the link to the terms and conditions unfortunately they don't define 'switching', 'by', 'date', 'account' and 'incentive'...
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    got this one, gone for the select no fee done 5mins, used a donor tesco account, offered me £2,250 overdraft i declined this though.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    and all I can say is 'Good luck'. Hope they have updated their system since the last offering!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Katiehound wrote: »
    and all I can say is 'Good luck'. Hope they have updated their system since the last offering!!

I don't know what all the fuss was about, i switched O/H on the last one, couldn't have been easier, paid in £1500 and gradually drained the account using it as my daily spend, got the payout on time, could not fault it, took 5mins last night all confirmed on line.:beer:
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,459 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    They've got a thing about Friday the 13th, it would seem!
  • Hi I'm new here!
    I just wondered if anyone knew or heard that switching accounts a lot harms your credit rating?
    Was asking because chasing the money i recently switched to Halifax which was fine then waited a month and tryed First Direct which i got declined for! Which was suprising really considering i thought i had a good credit record.So i googled it apparently it migh affect your raitng but dont know if its true.Iva heard of people on here changing accounts 4-5 times so not sure how it works!
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    JMLONDON wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here!
    I just wondered if anyone knew or heard that switching accounts a lot harms your credit rating?
    Was asking because chasing the money i recently switched to Halifax which was fine then waited a month and tryed First Direct which i got declined for! Which was suprising really considering i thought i had a good credit record.So i googled it apparently it migh affect your raitng but dont know if its true.Iva heard of people on here changing accounts 4-5 times so not sure how it works!
    When evaluating applications for new accounts, banks do refer to credit ratings agencies but that's only part of the story, as they'll have a range of other criteria that they use (some of which may be published, others kept internal), so if you don't happen to fit the profile of customers that First Direct are looking for then it's their prerogative to decline you and it doesn't necessarily signify any issue with your credit history as such.

The HSBC brands (which include First Direct and M&S) do have a bit of a reputation on here for being more choosy than others so you're far from alone.

Having said that, it's straightforward to check your credit history with the three ratings agencies if you want to see if there's anything untoward or unexpected on any of them, as per https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report, but don't obsess about the scores, which aren't seen by prospective lenders and other institutions....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure