Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Was wondering this myself this is the first rejection I've ever had so I was a little annoyed I did contact prolific to complain as I think 20p is a joke for 30 wasted minutes but I've not had a reply yet.
    abba1772 wrote: »
    I've just had that too.....does it affect our account if we have rejected surveys on our account
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Test New Collaborative Search System by Felipe Moraes
    Maximum Allowed Time : 60mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 39mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.77/hr
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,882
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone tried to do the Workplace Cognitions for Christopher Jackson study just now? Taking 2 hrs and paying £10. Spent an hour on it and then got to a page saying 'You are not authorised to use.......(some gizmo or other). Couldn't get any further....very annoying!!!:mad:
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    allison445 wrote: »
    A quick update on this as I notice the researcher keeps adding places after reading a long list of instruction and waiting 20 minutes to be paired your then told sorry for the inconvenience and given a code.
    The researcher then rejects your submission and pays a 20p bonus.

The being paired thing is usually a hoax and you get paired with the computer. If you really are being paired then how do they plan to do that with 15 participants - surely they need an even number to do pairs. I would complain to the researcher about that. Can you see from the survey how long the average completion is? If it's 20 minutes they should be paying accordingly.
  • allison445
    Forumite
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    The being paired thing is usually a hoax and you get paired with the computer. If you really are being paired then how do they plan to do that with 15 participants - surely they need an even number to do pairs. I would complain to the researcher about that. Can you see from the survey how long the average completion is? If it's 20 minutes they should be paying accordingly.

It was suppose to pair you with 2 other people so it was meant to be a group of 3
    Avg. Completion Time : 12mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £7.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 30mins
    I did contact the researcher and told him 30 minutes of my time was worth more than the 20p paid
    Still also waiting on a reply from prolific
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,882
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mir! wrote: »
    Anyone tried to do the Workplace Cognitions for Christopher Jackson study just now? Taking 2 hrs and paying £10. Spent an hour on it and then got to a page saying 'You are not authorised to use.......(some gizmo or other). Couldn't get any further....very annoying!!!:mad:

I sent a little moany message to the researcher and he has paid me even tho I returned the study as I was stuck. Nice to know there are some decent researchers :j
  • allison445
    Forumite
    Moral decision making Group VS individual - 3rd person footbridge
    Available Places : 277/950
    Avg. Completion Time : 2mins
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £10.50/hr
    Maximum Allowed Time : 8mins
    Reward: £ 0.35
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mir! wrote: »
    I sent a little moany message to the researcher and he has paid me even tho I returned the study as I was stuck. Nice to know there are some decent researchers :j

Thats a little harsh, the vast majority of researchers I have contacted are fine.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I have just seen my account is "on hold" - !!!!!!. Shirty email sent to them. Bizarre that after 2 years on the site that they're doing this. Properly cross....

Hi Mike
    can I ask what happened with this as my account is now on hold - not sure what I have done as I am getting hardly any studies these days.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    Hi Mike
    can I ask what happened with this as my account is now on hold - not sure what I have done as I am getting hardly any studies these days.

I mailed them, messaged them on Facebook - basically ranted at them. It was unblocked after a couple of hours.

I was most miffed.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure