Boost Your Income: Welcome & Board Rules

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
edited 29 December 2022 at 3:18PM in Boost your income
Welcome to the Up Your Income Board.

The idea's simple, if you know a way to boost your income then this is the place to discuss it.

Where to start

First of all go to the Boost Your Income article which is a full directory of lots of ways to make extra cash.

What this board's about

I'd like MoneySavers to help each other with top tips on making extra pennies to help out. That can be anything from a new market research opportunity you've spotted to a new cashback site offering points/pence per click.

How to use it

Check out the existing threads and read through them. If you can't find what you want, use the search function to see if it's there. If it isn't simply start a 'new thread' yourself.

Illegal or scam suggestions are not welcome.

Pyramid schemes, illegally conning or ripping others off, and any other type of dodgy scheme doesn't have a place on here. If you see it please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Of course all the usual rules apply too.

Martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• thanks martin for setting up this new board......as there are threads all over the forums with mse'rs asking about making extra money....ideas etc.....

so it will be great to have them all on one board....

is it possible for someone to clarify the position when earning extra money..... with regarding tax.... benefits...... etc.......

so people are aware.........thanks......

cant wait.....for this board to get going..so to speak.....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625
    Forumite
    This is a great board, I'm always looking for ways to make extra money and now loads of ideas are in one place! Thanks Martin!

H
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • thanks martin this will be is a useful board.:money:

One that might be good to have is a section for work for teenagers as they often dont know what type of work is available for them and how to go about it so peoples advice would be a great help
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains,
    because the average man can see better than he can think.

Many people's view of the world is down to their experience, perception and what they have been conditioned to,this isnt any old MSE reply this is a important and experienced MSE reply :rotfl:
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I must echo the praise... this new board is excellent, a one stop resource :money:
  • why is it that when I see the title of this board it looks a bit rude and I wanna reply "Up yours! :p" ?? :confused:
    Wiggly:heartpulsFB

• purpleluvbug
    purpleluvbug Posts: 2,030
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    why is it that when I see the title of this board it looks a bit rude and I wanna reply "Up yours! :p" ?? :confused:

:rotfl: omg, that made me laugh!!!

Anyway, back onto topic. I love these ideas of making a lil extra. i've been doing surveys for sometim, but find it hard to work out the best ones.
    I have found valued opinion is good. You get vouchers at the end, but you get to choose which ones. So far ive made 25 quid. Not a life changing amount, but enough for one of the lil ones xmas pressies.
    Look forward to more tips.
  • I've looked at the websites that were mentioned about getting paid for taking surveys - ValuedOpinion, Pureprofile, Pinecone Research, Lightspeed Panel but I've only been able to register on Pureprofile. How do I register on the others?
  • becca87
    becca87 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Apologies, i am new to the site and postings etc. Id love to make some extra income but not a clue where to start, i have a full time job and attend college one day a week and one evening a week so dont really have time for another job. im interested in cars but cant fix them, can do websites but a lot of people can also do this so it is not great as another job, any ideas?
    As mad as a Hatter :j
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446
    Forumite
    Hi folks

Just to let you know we are tidying up the boards so there are a few less stickies - any problems let me know :)

If you do have a favourite thread that used to be a stciky you can subscribe to it and keep track of it that way.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport