Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Not really sure what's going on with my switch to E.ON now...

E.ON asked for my meter readings so I supplied them on 30th May. Now I've just received another email from them asking for my Gas meter reading again?
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    markipad wrote: »
    New type of error on Iresa website:

I've been diligently submitting my meter readings to Iresa, at least every couple of weeks, for my own reassurance. This has worked fine until tonight, when I received an error message, stating: "Reading already submitted on 2017-05-23".

Presumably, Iresa can't understand why my gas reading has not altered in 7 days; it is quite simple - I have not used any gas! This is quite normal for me in the summer; I use electricity to heat my tap water, and I have not needed to use any gas for heating. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

I can understand why this might fail "VALIDATION", but having my reading rejected at submission is surely wrong!!

Helpful replies from Iresa, via Twitter direct message, explaining that my reading cannot be entered unless it has changed from the previous submission, and that they have made a note on my account that I am not using much gas at the moment.

Good response and communication as far as I am concerned, and I am grateful to the other contributors for their replies.:T
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Shavuot wrote: »
    Did you submit the reading on 2017-05-23?
    If not, perhaps a reading was obtained by the meter reader on that date?

Even if not you, submitting readings every fortnight is not really necessary.

As it''s the last day of the month today, I submitted my meter readings today, no issues :)

Iresa seem to be getting a bit quicker validating the electric meter readings.
    Like you, submitted electric meter readings on the last day of May (Wednesday) showing in the on-line account today with the transaction records already updated.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 June 2017 at 2:46PM
    Just checked my support page and my query of 18th April about my meter point not being set up is marked as resolved 1st June. No comments and my meter point is still not set up. It seems they are just going in and marking them as resolved to keep the numbers down. I have now raised a complaint and informed them that I believe the closing of tickets is fraudulent manipulation of complaint statistics.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 June 2017 at 10:26AM
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Not really sure what's going on with my switch to E.ON now...

E.ON asked for my meter readings so I supplied them on 30th May. Now I've just received another email from them asking for my Gas meter reading again?

Hello DonnySaver and this could be down to delays with switches due to Project Nexus.

This is the name given to an industry regulatory change aimed at improving the UK gas market. It's one of the largest changes to impact the gas industry since privatisation and affects all suppliers. It brings a number of major alterations to our gas processes and systems. Whilst it's going through, the knock on effect will be to temporarily delay switches.

The project involves the movement of large amounts of data and went live yesterday. It was preceded by a transition stage from 22 May to 1 June. During this time no industry updates happened. There'll also be a 'catch up' period after going live so all the information can be pushed through. We expect to be fully back up and running from Tuesday, 6 June 17.

As a result, customers could see up to 8 days added to their joining journey. Although this is about the gas, if you're switching both fuels, the electricity will come over at the same time as the gas.

I'm guessing it's this project that's caused us to ask for another gas reading. If you let us have this, it'll help make sure all's accurate when the switch completes.

Hope this helps to explain DonnySaver and sorry if my speculation is wide of the mark.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hello DonnySaver and this could be down to delays with switches due to Project Nexus.

This is the name given to an industry regulatory change aimed at improving the UK gas market. It's one of the largest changes to impact the gas industry since privatisation and affects all suppliers. It brings a number of major changes to our gas processes and systems. The knock on effect will be to delay switches.

The project involves the movement of large amounts of data and went live yesterday. It was preceded by a transition stage from 22 May to 1 June. During this time no industry updates happened. There'll also be a 'catch up' period after going live so all the information can be pushed through. We expect to be fully back up and running from Tuesday, 6 June 17.

As a result, customers could see up to 8 days added to their joining journey. Although this about the gas, if you're switching both fuels, the electricity will come over at the same time as the gas.

I'm guessing it's this project that's caused us to ask for another gas reading. If you let us have this, it'll help make sure all's accurate when the switch completes.

Hope this helps to explain DonnySaver and sorry if my speculation is wide of the mark.

Malc

Excellent description. Thanks Malc.
  • ph80
    ph80 Posts: 9 Forumite
    It all went so well at the beginning and for the past 6 weeks things have taken a nose dive. They don't reply to messages and i've been on hold for over 2 hours in total to try and sort things out but i've finally given in.

I've sent them an email tonight to say that should they not respond to my messages I will simply cancel the direct debit (as they've been taking twice as much as they should have been)!
  • punamulta
    punamulta Posts: 193 Forumite
    I cancelled my DD after the first one and switched away immediately upon reading this forum, Thanks to all for the info!
    Energy customers build a significant credit balance paying their fixed DD through the summer, If IRESA are barely solvent they'll probably go bust this Autumn and leave an evidently inept OFGEN to pick up the tab.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I have received a reply from Ofgem concerning my complaint over transfer obstruction and the difficulty in making contact with Iresa to resolve the issue.

Ofgem say that they are aware of the general communication problems and their Compliance Team is currently in discussion with Iresa to get them to up their game.

They ignored the transfer obstruction element, without notification, which is surely in breach of licensing requirements.

I was then referred to Citizen's Advice and the Ombudsman.

Two words come to mind, 'fart' and 'spacesuit'.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    Just checked my support page and my query of 18th April about my meter point not being set up is marked as resolved 1st June. No comments and my meter point is still not set up. It seems they are just going in and marking them as resolved to keep the numbers down. I have now raised a complaint and informed them that I believe the closing of tickets is fraudulent manipulation of complaint statistics.

I have exactly the same experience. I went on supply on the same date as you and still no electricity meter point set up. However my outgoing supplier has now managed to contact Iresa and agree a closing electricity read. I then received my final bill from E.On the very same today. Quite impressive. Not so Iresa; they say my meter point set up is now being addressed by their 'escalated response team' as an 'urgent priority': however ten days further on and still no meter point.
    My complaint is at 8 weeks in a few days so the next stage will be the Ombudsman.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport