MSE News: Northern Rock pays £270m to 150,000 after gaffe

Comments

• cot1198
    cot1198 Posts: 334 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2013 at 11:25AM
    lennonc1 wrote: »
    It is happening sooner than expected! That makes me awful suspicious? You?

Yes quite a bit.

I think NRAM wanted to put this to bed ASAP with a minimal number of people complaining about how the redress was paid. The quicker they start paying the less complaints they will get. After all if you did not complain they assume you are happy with how they are doing things.

I was wondering if anyone who had complained about how the redress was being paid had their redress credited to their account, because as I said when I phoned NRAM last night they said my account was showing as no redress credited. I had instructed NRAM in an email last week not to credit my account until I told them to do so.
  • To be honest I think that any rush on NRAMs part is more to do with the fact that they want to start charging people interest on their unsecured loans as soon as possible!
  • I would be very interested to hear if anyone can work out whether interest has been added to the redress as I still believe that this is what people should be jumping up and down about if we don't get it.
  • cot1198
    craaaigo wrote: »
    I would be very interested to hear if anyone can work out whether interest has been added to the redress as I still believe that this is what people should be jumping up and down about if we don't get it.

Thats a very good point. It should do but will it? NRAM have gone through this with little consultation with customers if at all.
  • craaaigo wrote: »
    I would be very interested to hear if anyone can work out whether interest has been added to the redress as I still believe that this is what people should be jumping up and down about if we don't get it.

Yes, me too. Don't think we will know, till we get the breakdown though. I was expecting roughly 35 interest per month at 41 months, 1435, credited 1616, was 8% added, or was the difference the difference in interest?
  • i double checked with NRAM this morning-100% reduction of balance i've got £2,556 well chuffed off my balance.

I mentioned that few moaners/money grabbers possibly have any chance of getting a cheque(including myself lol) 100 % no chance. I insisted i will go legal FOS etc - their honest reply was "if thats your privilege, please pursue accordingly" they have checked with their lawyers and the matter is now officially concluded-apart from the ex-customers who they need to sort and re-imburse by cheque/bacs(if accounts have been closed down etc etc)

so COT/Lennon -forget it chief...no cash:D
  • Just called them....no balance adjustment so far :-(
  • cot1198
    gavman99 wrote: »
    Just called them....no balance adjustment so far :-(

what number did you use? I have been ringing them for the past hour and it's just ringing. Not even going into the automated answer system
    I'm using the 0845 609 9610 and 0845 609 9626 both doing the same.
  • Hi Jimmy,

I reckon that's the amount (ballpark) I should get. I have not had anything redressed yet though, can you shed any light on whether you think they will be crediting any arrears first or just reducing the total amount and leaving the account as it is (reduced total/arrears still on account)
  • cot1198 wrote: »
    what number did you use? I have been ringing them for the past hour and it's just ringing. Not even going into the automated answer system
    I'm using the 0845 609 9610 and 0845 609 9626 both doing the same.

I used 0845 609 9610 bang on 9am this morning when the lines opened. I didn't use the 6926 number (CCA Enquiry Helpline) as all I wanted was my balance and remaining term.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure