anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• hearme32
    Options
    Recieved a call from `Cash Finance Direct` today, I replied to them "Never heard of you" and they promptly hung up. So I looked on the net for them and found this site. From what I have read here about them I do wish I had ask them to hang on while I done something else :rotfl: ........

I may be strapped for cash (like most of us are) but we dont like to be `ripped` off!!!
  • qizlox
    Options
    I got a call off them yesterday and was given a number to call for a loan i never did as i read this site
    the next day i got another call saying there was a new number which would fast track me for my loan i said i was not interested and slammed the phone down later the same day i recieved a 3rd call saying they where having trouble with the line i was given originally and given a 3rd number
    sounds very very dodgy plz be careful
  • Bradas
    Options
    Just had a call from this company too. The guy was again, very pushy, he gave me a reference number and a telephone number. (09056753154) this set off my alarm bells. He kindly( and quite patronisingly) instructed me that if I called it from my BT line or contract mobile, I could claim the cost of the call back. (but why have a premium number in the first place if you say you'll pay it back, surely thats a false economy) anyway, suppose what I'm writing to say is thanks to this website once again for clearing up and pointing out rogue traders in this industry! I found all of these replys in the forum and I can assure there will be no business between me and this company now or in the future. keep up the good work martin. Regards:T
  • ayorks
    Options
    I too have used Cash Finance Direct in the past . They were not able to get me a loan even though I never missed payments at all, I had too many 'footprints' on my file and that's why I turned to a broker in the first place. They will refund your money if you write in with your phone bill. I had a refund for the full cost of my phone call to them. If you are having trouble with them, which I did , report them to their premium number regulator http://www.icstis.org.uk/ Hope this helps and good luck with obtaining your refund.
  • Butlers1982
    Options
    heard of cash finance direct?

Yes i know them, they work out of a stable, the staff turn up on horses for work, they go drinking in a ranch a dinner, wear big hats and boots and they walk funny!
  • bhebbes
    bhebbes Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Cash Finance Direct is part of Horizon Finance at 0161 246 0203 - website www.horizon-finance.co.uk , where you can apply online. (Why Salford? - it would be politically incorrect to say.) I know this from using http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php .
    SAYNOTO0870.COM is one of my most used sites, providing alternatives to 09xxxx and 08xxxx numbers.
  • nigelb100
    Options
    Hi all
    For what it's worth if you are foolish enough to apply for a loan from C.F.D. (yep, I'm very dumb) and they keep you talking on the premium rate line they do refund your money as others have stated in this thread.
    I got a cheque today from Horizon following a letter I sent to them with the itemised phone bill.
    My letter was dated 5th November, so fairly quick response given today is the 15th.
    In conclusion: the operation would seem to be verging on a premium rate phone scam - given that I spoke to them (10-15 minutes @ £1.50 per minute), gave them all my information and was told to call back in an hour for a decision on another premium rate line.
    This I did, only to have someone try and take all the same information again!
    It is definitely worth applying for a refund.
    (By the way in case you were wondering the second call was terminated when the woman cut me off as she didn't like me asking why they were taking the same information again!)
    All the best
    Nigel
  • bobsinova100
    Options
    hi all, well i disagree about cash finance direct to be honest, i think they where rather helpful, they where truthful about everything that they said and they found a lender that suited my circumstances best who had the money in my account within 7 working days as they said they would.

Just that i would let you know, some people can be helped if they want to be.:money:
  • Jeeves1983
    Options
    I just got a letter through from them this morning with big red letters saying "CONGRATULATIONS". Why congratulations when you have to spend £20 on a phone call to them, If they want my business they can phone me. Plus the letter said they got my details off of another company i applied to last year. I never applied to any company last year and i always make sure i state and tick the box saying that i don't want my details passed on. How did they manage this? What is the APR typically on these loans anyway? They said i have been pre approved for £25000. WHAT!!!!! where did they get that figure from?
    [STRIKE]£46 Capital One 19.9%[/STRIKE]
    £900 Visa Vanquis 30.0%
    [strike]£1850 Virgin MBNA 15.9%[/strike]
    £10431.03 HSBC Managed Loan 7%
    [strike]£168 Provident Loan 65%[/strike]
  • clairejgray
    Options
    I too have just recieved a call from Cash Finance Direct, quoting a reference number asking me to call 09064001830. The man on the phone said I could reclaim the call charges of 1.50 per minute, in which makes me deeply suspicious. After doing a small amount of research, I found this web site, and other people here have similar suspicions. I applied for a 12 000 loan with Yes Loans, and since then I have had no end of calls from finance companies and debt management companies saying they are from government based organisations. I only wanted a loan to combine my 600 pound overdraft, a 3000 pound credit card with the remainder for college course fees. After my experiences, I advise people to contact the mainstream banks. I wish I did this now, a few months ago, my credit record was good to fair, in which is now poor. I advise people strugling for money to approach the National Debt line or take the exceptional advice from this web site; I will in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure