IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTK Received After 4 Weeks

Comments

• KeithP wrote: »
    I think you need to re-read what I posted earlier:

Oh, thank you. I thought you were referring to the appeal letter.
  • BobSmith5
    BobSmith5 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 February 2018 at 4:36PM
    Hi,
    I'm currently drafting my appeal letter, however I am not able get photos of the sign used. Will this be an issue?

Would someone be able to check this over for me, please?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am appealing this parking ticket, as ParkingEye's Parking Charge Notice is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) due to the dates and the wording used. I am the registered keeper of this vehicle.

Under schedule 4, paragraph 4 of the POFA, an operator can only establish the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of a vehicle if certain conditions must be met as stated in paragraphs 5, 6, 11, and 12. ParkingEye have failed to fulfil the conditions which state that an operator must have provided the keeper with a Notice to Keeper (NTK) in accordance with paragraph 9, which stipulates as mandatory, a set timeline and wording:-

The notice must be given by:
    (a) handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
    (b) sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

The applicable section here is (b) because the Parking Charge Notice/NTK that I have received was delivered by post. Furthermore, paragraph 9(5) states:

"The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended."

In fact, this NTK arrived over three weeks after the alleged event. This means that ParkingEye have failed to act within the 14 day relevant period. The date of the event in question was on xxxx. The NTK was received on xxxx, though issued on xxxx.

There has been no proof of the driver of the vehicle, and therefore ParkingEye have failed to provide a POFA compliant NTK.

Yours faithfully,
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    You seem to have a Golden Ticket (look it up via a forum search) so you can kill it at POPLA.

Have you had your POPLA Code from PE? If so, we will help you develop a winning appeal. Draft something up, using the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

Easy enough, with the right amount of effort on your part. Go for it!

Apologies for bumping the thread, but would it be possible to check through my appeal above?

Thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's fine, submit it online, choosing 'registered keeper'. You win at POPLA, can't lose.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Parking Eye were named and shamed in the HOC last week as scammers and legislation is in hand to close them down Watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Complain in robust terms to your MP. If everyone who gets a ticket from these scammers, the more brutal will be the sanctions they will have to endure, bot
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's fine, submit it online, choosing 'registered keeper'. You win at POPLA, can't lose.

Do I need to provide an upload of the letter I was sent, or will they have a copy of that?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just submit your appeal.

If they have not kept a copy of what they sent you, that's their problem, not yours.
    Just submit your appeal.

If they have not kept a copy of what they sent you, that's their problem, not yours.

I mean for appealing to POPLA. Parking Eye already rejected my appeal.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh wait... are you saying post #13 is a PoPLA appeal?
    Oh wait... are you saying post #13 is a PoPLA appeal?

Yes. Will that suffice or no?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport