Correction in progress!

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bcfclee27 wrote: »
    Do you think it will drop further Alex or do you think it's starting to balance out now.....seems to be slowing down at least.

Who knows? Sellers might be coming to the realization they overreacted as so many people have been waiting for a crash (markets don't die of old age...) or we could just be seeing a Dead Cat Bounce temporary recovery.

I am not trying to time the market my strategy is to take a measured amount of risk inversely proportionate to the strength of the market.

So if the market drops I am happy to take a bit more risk as there is less probability of further downside.

Alex
  • I have topped up a bit too, it just happened to be also my regular monthly investments went in today, as well as a bit extra lump sum start of the week. .

My plan is just stick to the plan long term and buy through the highs and lows :)
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Looks like another negative day for the markets today. The reallocation in my small Nutmeg account happened today so I am up to around 73% in equities now across my various accounts.
  • coastline
    coastline Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alexland wrote: »
    Looks like another negative day for the markets today. The reallocation in my small Nutmeg account happened today so I am up to around 73% in equities now across my various accounts.

This is a great free site where you can watch various markets unfold even the out of hours stuff..
    Its worth a good look around when you have time..

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/stock-market
  • It seems to be the threat of higher/quicker interest rate rises that spooked/is spooking the markets, and that has not gone away so I'm betting that there will be further falls/buying opportunities in the near future. I didn't buy anything the other day because of this.
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It seems to be the threat of higher/quicker interest rate rises that spooked/is spooking the markets, and that has not gone away so I'm betting that there will be further falls/buying opportunities in the near future. I didn't buy anything the other day because of this.

After a little fall in the selloff, bond yields seem to have pretty much got back to their recent highs again in the US, and Carney's comments have pushed the UK's higher as well.

I don't see the rate risk going away anytime soon, it is just a matter of the market adjusting to what it thinks are appropriate valuations with revised rate expectations.
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I won't be happy unless we get to at least 20% down. I want the panic induced headlines for some entertainment. Since I am going to be neither a seller or a buyer in the near future I would like some chaos please. RIP Deutchse Bank would be nice.
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I won't be happy unless we get to at least 20% down. I want the panic induced headlines for some entertainment. Since I am going to be neither a seller or a buyer in the near future I would like some chaos please. RIP Deutchse Bank would be nice.

Personally I would love a major selloff from a purely selfish perspective, I aim to be putting a lot of money into my pension over the coming years!
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Still sitting on about 30% cash. If its a big sell off i am a buyer. If not then i am happy with my position.
  • economic wrote: »
    Still sitting on about 30% cash. If its a big sell off i am a buyer. If not then i am happy with my position.

That's quite a bit of cash. I thought I was pushing it with around 14% here. However, if there are further significant falls, I'll be wishing I had 30%+!

Like you, I'm also happy with my position if things settle down from here on in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure