IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Adding errors to appeal?

Options
IPC member. Parked in a residential area to pick up child from school for mere mins.

Delightful human being lurks and takes pictures of my car with his mobile. Saw this person. Car leaves.

2 points. Parking site notice says "REFRAIN FROM PARKING" but wouldnt I have to park to read notice??? and NTK received shows keepers name as for example USAIN BOL. Missing last letter.

Should I add those 2 errors to appeal taken from NEWBIES thread to strengthen? or keep it as it is?

Thousands thanks.
Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just send the appeal template as it is.
    Anything you add won't be read and the appeal will be rejected anyway.
    Why waste the effort?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 February 2018 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Make sure you never reveal the driver's identity. Obtain pictures of the area and signage in case the PPC tries court at some point.

What is the name of the PPC please?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine, not because I cant stomach the fight (I would relish it) but on entry theres a clear white sign saying ''RESIDENT PARKING ONLY"? Whats peoples opinion?
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • KeithP
    Options
    jinkssick wrote: »
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine, not because I cant stomach the fight (I would relish it) but on entry theres a clear white sign saying ''RESIDENT PARKING ONLY"? Whats peoples opinion?

My opinion is that that is a forbidding sign.

In simple terms, that sign is not an invitation to park, exactly the opposite in fact, so cannot possibly form the basis of a contract to park.

Well worth fighting and should be an easy win.

Can you show us a picture of that sign please?
  • jinkssick
    edited 6 February 2018 at 10:40PM
    Options
    please disregard and read below.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't see any pic on 2nd link and 1st link invaded by Zepplins.
  • jinkssick
    Options
    Can a MOD please direct link them please.
  • KeithP
    Options
    jinkssick wrote: »
    Can a MOD please direct link them please.
    You've been on MSE long enough to know:
    a) that there are no moderators, and
    b) that you can provide live links yourself.
  • jinkssick
    edited 9 February 2018 at 4:13PM
    Options
    The below is the scene when a vehicle enters, as the place is used by a lot of people for 5 mins max parking as its next to school.

first

This one shows the Notice sign in background and shows ''Residents only sign".

second

Full Notice

third

I remember reading another thread around these here parts when a member was told they could not direct link. I have edited the pictures as heard these amazing parking folk frequent the board. Thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2018 at 10:47PM
    Options
    PCM.

I am thinking of just paying fine
    No you are NOT.

NO-ONE pays that ex-clamper! Of course you can't be fined for this.

Watch the Parlimentary debate from last Friday about such scams, and read this Blog first:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

and watch the debate here:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Get some backbone! Complain to your MP and Trading Standards about predatory ticketing (not allowed under the IPC Code).

Can't see the third link but why even go into that estate area. Did you know you can pick a child up on single or double yellows on street (Local Authority public highway) where stopping for boarding/alighting is allowed? Assuming there is a public road leading there, why go that far into a private estate?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure