A mortgage PPI

Comments

• Thanks

Actually this will probably be a positive thing. He was miserable and bored at work but didn't want to leave because it was stable employment

Now he has a chance to find what he wants to do and we don't have the financial pressure for him to find any job regardless of that it is

Could end up being the best thing that ever happened to him however for others it would be the worst as they could lose their home.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • As I say, I work from home. The "commute" used to be almost an hour. Now it is almost a minute!

Find a niche that others are not doing. It can be based on what he is doing now (my business developed out of work I was doing before) or something completely different - my wife does garden design and also maths and physics tuition.

It can be very liberating and, if you can get your head around running a limited company, avoid a lot of National Insurance!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    sent a copy of a call and it sounds like me but I have no recolection of this conversation

Your memory is not grounds for complaint. The evidence here is strong and trumps your poor memory (which is understandable as who is really interested in the insurance side when it comes to doing the mortgage)
    but the salesman pushed me into having it in a sly way as he said I did not have to have it but if I did not and I lost my job and did not pay they would have my house away so he blackmailed me

First of all, this is not a salesman. This was an adviser. The adviser has a mandatory requirement to point out shortfalls and ways to fill those shortfalls. There is no blackmail here. It is a point of fact.
    so I am taking it much much further

So, effectively, you are now complaining that the adviser did their job correctly. This is ludicrous.

Still, the FOS will know what the adviser requirements were and will listen to that recording and be very happy that the adviser keeps such good records. You have no further to take it other than the FOS and from what you have said, this is a complete and utter waste of time for all involved.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So lets see, since posting this the OP has been told:

I hope you get a fee..........not allowed
    One contributor feels sympathy for the OP's husband
    Your grounds for complaint are wrong (again) but we don't know the actual complaint reasons
    The OP is a snob
    The OP is ridiculous and immature

That's really helpful advice
    like you dont come on here to wind people up
  • OVB
    OVB Posts: 9 Forumite
    Well the FOS must agree as they have made a case of it and given him 8 weeks to reply and payup I reckon :j just shows that you should carry on your complaint even if others tell you not to like on this place :T
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    OVB wrote: »
    Well the FOS must agree as they have made a case of it and given him 8 weeks to reply and payup I reckon :j just shows that you should carry on your complaint even if others tell you not to like on this place :T

The Ombudsman will "make a case" of every complaint they receive, and it is standard practice to give the other party eight weeks to respond. Nothing you have said indicates you are due to receive a "payup".
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 June 2015 at 5:29PM
    You've complained, and the FOS have now asked the broker for his side. There's two sides to every story . . .

and payup I reckon
    That bit made me laugh.
  • OVB
    OVB Posts: 9 Forumite
    The FOS sided with the broker as expected in a old boys network but now going for a Pelvin about it and will let everyone know:money:
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The FOS sided with the broker as expected in a old boys network but now going for a Pelvin about it and will let everyone know:money:

No the FOS sided with the broker because he did nothing wrong,may i sugest that you contact " addedvaluebob" who seemed to think you should be payed out,ask him to do it:rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • OVB wrote: »
    A Pelvin?

Please explain?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family