2»

Comments

• samoya
    samoya Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks i will start a new thread.
    As far as professional advice goes,
    I spoke to National debtline yesterday and they were great. It was them that suggested that the IVA was mis sold. I scour this site religiously for tips and ideas and I would like to think i'm quite clued up with money issues, having got myself out of a huge hole some years ago and now have completely cleaned my credit file, with the last default coming off a year ago. However, i know very little about IVAs and am finding it a bit frustrating that he ever entered into this now i have read the agreement. Thanks for your advice about the thread, i will see what happens.
  • samoya
    samoya Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh and thank you for the welcome :-)
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    samoya wrote: »
    However, i know very little about IVAs and am finding it a bit frustrating that he ever entered into this now i have read the agreement.
    Many, many people see an IVA as a "Get Out Of Jail" ticket, when in reality, IVAs are only applicable to a very, very small amount of people.

It's easy to be side tracked when faced with mounting debts / creditors / DCAs threats, which is why so many IVAs are mis sold.
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • pepe2008
    pepe2008 Posts: 5,158 Forumite
    Options
    10past6 wrote: »
    Many, many people see an IVA as a "Get Out Of Jail" ticket, when in reality, IVAs are only applicable to a very, very small amount of people.

It's easy to be side tracked when faced with mounting debts / creditors / DCAs threats, which is why so many IVAs are mis sold.

Need to keep this one in the frame! Anyone reading this, remember that IVA's are generally 'marketed' and 'sold'....theres the clues! Someone is making money out of YOUR payments, this is not neccessary.
    Google/ ring National Debtline/CAB/CCCS etc, dont get sold down the river.
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family