Thank you dolly for popping by:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Crete is another one on my shortlist. :)

It is a very, very lovely place! Most hotels will do packed lunches for you if you ask them - or at least put together a sandwich and then you just need to head to the shop to buy the rest of it but it is really easy :)
    pippo wrote: »
    Only been to Crete once, allocated on arrival, Malia!! saying that we went away from 'the strip' and had a fantastic time.. the only place I've been when the waiter wanted to take pics of us before we left!

I go to Stalis, right next to Malia, but far enough away not to be a problem. I have been to Malia a few times but never to go to the strip - always during the day when the die hards are all still sleeping :rotfl: The beach at Malia is one of the best places around there to catch the sunset

The "Brit" bars in these places do my head in a bit- yes they do a good English breakfast but in the evenings are all quite dated and all offer quizzes, karaoke and bingo. All very nice if you're into that kind of thing but if you're not, you are a bit stuffed :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    morning all

we had a good day yesterday, we were in the audience of pointless at elstree studios, but being there live takes the finesse out of watching the programme on tv, the props were falling apart and the backdrop was falling down and torn,, but even so it was a fun day and good experience. The staff were attentive and alexander and Richard were true professionals, the showing we saw had celebrities which was a bonus and enjoyable.

but the biggest bonus was wombling coffee bean stickers before the show in the queue to get in for free maccy d coffee
    this was a chance find by my DD:)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Morning all.
    Still a bit expensive to most on here.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42826028
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    did we know- maccy d coffee, collect 6 coffee bean stickers on cup and get free coffee..valid til end of year

Morning, they don't do mocha any more but I was so disappointed yesterday when they told me that the manager made me one specially by dipping a cup in the chocolate machine and made it by hand. That's service for you.:)
  • HILLBERN wrote: »
    did we know- maccy d coffee, collect 6 coffee bean stickers on cup and get free coffee..valid til end of year
    That's where I get most of my coughees, worth wombling tables for stickers.
    I know someone who says to staff they have hands that burn easily and ask "could I please have it double cupped to stop me getting burnt hands". Some staff are savvy and take the additonal sticker off, most others don't. Some peeps will do anything, tsk, tsk :eek:

Also when Monopoly comes back, worth sitting in with a coughee and ready to grab stickers before tables cleared. Someone also has the cheeck to say "If you are not using those stickers, my kids are collecting them".
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Its it a m&s final clearance today can anyone confirm? Tia

I’ve just phoned my local store and been told it’s still 70%.
  • 76rosie wrote: »
    Mexico is amazing too. Lovely food great sun and great tours and people.😎

Big sister & I went to Sicily last year, is now one of my favourite places. Would definitely go back there :)
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    HILLBERN wrote: »

Yep and great for wombling, I find more coffee beans than wombles

And for those who don't find many, you can actually buy them off fleabay. There are one or two good deals to be had sometimes, working out at 25p-30p a cup

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Lidl weekend offers 3rd and 4th Feb

Cimarosa Chilean Pedro Jimenez 75cl £2.99

Dulano Bavarian Bratwurst 300g £1.19

Floralys Aloe Vera Toilet Tissue 4 pack 89p

Purio Heavy Duth Refuse Sacks, 10 pack 99p

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories